Need to pick your brains?!?

Emma.b

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

How you holding up?

I'm sat here just thinking about things, mainly about babies and wonder why?
Nothing like tourmenting yourself aye!:lol:

Anyhow i have a question and was wondering if any1 had been in a similar situation. Im not sure if i mentioned it before but my gp is c**p. One of the many reasons is the fact that he left an old implanon in my arm for 3 years.:shock:

Let me give you some info and you can tell me what you think?! Please :smile:

Ok so i had my first implanon put in in 2004 at a clinic, a year after my little lad was born.

In 2007 i went to my GP to have the old implanon removed and a new 1 put in.

In jan 2010 i went back to my GP to have my old implanon removed and decided to start ttc.

In march 2010 i was at my mums had an itch and found my old implanon from 2004!!!

Obviously i went back to the doc, absolutely fuming but he denied all knowledge saying it was my fault as i should have gone back to the clinic to have the first removed!! He then went on to tell me that it wouldnt have caused any damage as they do sometimes put 2 in larger women to ensure they are fully protected. He also said it would have ran out anyway as it was passed its date. But when i went to the clinic they said its a load of rubbish it would have carried on leaking until eventually coming to a stop, her words were 'its not a tap it doesnt just turn off it gradually runs out like a pen'.

So i think my question is what kinda damage if any could it have caused, could it be responsible for my suspected pcos and the fact that its been 2 years and still no baby??

I should have questioned the clinic lady a bit more but i felt funny from having it removed, they really had to grab and pull as it had been in there so long it had buried itself deep. And i was so glad just to have rid of it.

Any ideas ladies, sorry for the huge text! :shock:

x x x x x

I will swear to god it was the implanon that gve me all my troubles , i had regular fine periods and know i could concieve due to my 5 yr old daughter amd a miscarriage 3 years ago. Now i had the implanon for only a short time but it made me ill! I felt awful like it was affecting my hormones. I hd it removed last the weight it put on me and my periods just went awol! Then i pushed for tests and got my diagnosis! i wish i had never even looked at the thing .

Been on implanon website and it says in rare cases can cause PCOS x

Hiya Emma :)

It's horrible not being to shake a question that you can't get answered, isn't it :hug:

I'm wondering how quickly you managed to conceive your first child and how your cycles were back then?

Was it with the same guy that you are trying with now? (sorry if that's a rude question)

I've never used any hormonal contraception, which i am very relieved about as time goes on, but my instinct is that being on any hormone therapy for 6 years straight isn't going to do you any good.

Did you suffer symptoms such as sore boobs? Mood swings? Low libido? Bloating? Anything?

PCOS is associated with low progesterone so i'm wondering if your progesterone was maintained at an excessively high level so that your body developed a tendancy to overcompensate and therefore now the implanon is gone, you body is still overcompensating and causing your progesterone to go lower than it should do?

If that makes sense?

I'm just guessing though :)

i have to agree kirsty, getting the implanon is the worst mistake i have ever made :shakehead: seemed like such a goodidea at the time, who knew i'd end up with 2 lol

Louise if im honest i wasnt trying to conceive with my first child, he was a happy accident :). before having the implanon put in my periods were like clockwork, always arrived on time, always the same flow, tmi sorry :shock:. And my cycles were 28 days.

My cycles now range from between 26-31 days my longest cycle being 36 days, but that was way back when i first had 'them' taken out! And my periods come and go as they please, Sometimes on time, most of the time a few days early or late.

And no its not rude to ask, my little boys dad is not my current partner. And no i had no symptoms. Apart from, now i think about some more, :roll: with the first implanon i had periods but no pains, which i thought was great! But with the second implanon (which is when i would have had them both in) my periods stopped all together...apart from the last 6 months of having it in, which is when i started spot bleeding......mmmmmm any ideas??

Last edited:
Hmm, i think you sound alright then.

Your cycles stopping could have been because of the double dosage but what your cycles are like now doesn't actually sound that bad.

Not perfect, but it does sound like you're ovulating.

I think that having a different partner can make a big difference, plus you are not far off 10 years older yourself and biological things change as we get older...

If i was in your situation, i'd be sending my fella off for a sperm test and getting myself the basic blood work done just to check.

MY fella has had 2 sperm tests done, the first wasn't to good so he stopped smoking and generally just started taking care of himself. The second test was a lot better, doc was happy with the results.

And I've had blood tests also, my doc didn't seem to certain when looking at the results, But said they were ok. Were as my fellas doc reckons there not good. Not sure of his words but he took 1 look at them and said with the bloods and scan results they showed pcos.

I don't know, think I'll ask the gynecologist?

I would get a second opinion if you are unsure and getting conflicting information xxx :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back