Need some help - chicken pox!! :(

carolm

Reaction score
Hi

My poor step son has horrendous chicken pox bless him - is there anything else we can do for him other than dabbing with calamine lotion? he's so uncomfortable i didnt know whether there was anything we can put in the bath or, a better lotion.

Horrible to see him so upset :(

Once all the chicken pox are out apparently putting bicarbonate of soda in the bath water helps to dry them out quicker. Hope he feels better soon x

We did oatmeal baths with my daughter, she was only 14 months at the time so couldn't telly if it helped bit she didn't seem too uncomfortable with it. Put some porridge oats in a pair of tights, run the water through it then you can use the tights and oats as a sponge too. We found the aqueous cream easier than calamine lotion too, I just got it everywhere but that might have just been me!!

My mum used bicarbonate baths with me, but oatmeal baths are supposed to be good too. My dd had chicken pox for her first birthday and the only thing that helped was keeping her cool (it was v hot), calamine, and cool baths.

Hope it's calmed down now, my son has just had it and we gave him piriton and used virasooth gel spray which seemed to work pretty well :) We also used oats in the bath, so I've no idea which of the three things it was that helped the most!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back