Need inspiration ladies! Unusual but not chavvy?

Minxy

Reaction score
Hi all, just want to pick your brains......

I want a name that will be unusual enough not to be shared by 4 others when the LO gets to school. I love lots of the names that feature on here a lot but am aware they're also on the 'Top 100' list for 2006 which isn't what I want. It's irrational, I know but I've got this thing......

What I don't want to do is makeup/invent a name that ends up sounding AWFUL(!), so I've been trying to look at really traditional names which have yet to make a come back in recent years. :?

I'm liking Frankie, Stanley and Aubrey for a boy but am stuck on the girls! (we don't know what it is yet)

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated! :D

Doris
Ethel
Gertrude
cissy
Dorothy

They all old and i dont think they've came back :D

I really like Doris and Dorothy, but I just keep getting head shakes from DH! Oh, well am working on it!

Thanks for your suggestions xx

i like:-
GRACE, LILY, IRIS, JOYCE, MAY,

I LOVE Iris (though OH doesn't!) I think he'd be happy just to call it baby and have done with it! :wall:

We both like Robyn too, plenty of food for thought!

Thanks for all your suggestion ladies, knew I could rely on you! :D

This will sound awful, but your child will have a tough time in school if she is called dorris or dorothy or gertrude.

Just been honest with you, its another thing you have to think about it.

Even though its awful, there is some unusual names i love but have had to kick out for the babys sake when its older and school etc...children can be so nasty these days..its a shame..

cassi x

Not too worried Cassi,

There are so many kids with truly awful made-up names on our estate and they seem to escape unharmed, at least I'm after a proper name.

And I'm not cruel enough to go for Gertrude! It will be something middle ground.

Thanks for sharing your opinion though. It's one shared by my OH so he's on the case and won't let me get too silly!

What names do you like at the mo'?

That's beautiful! But scan results today show it's a boy! Alexis is pretty cool though...

gertrude.

lol thats what i call my mum when she is acting like a old moaning woman...

my fav girls names are

grace
Faith
Jessy
Lola
Dior (of course)

never ending really i think there are to many nice girly names

I agree with Jacob ..... we are going for Jacob iof it's a boy :lol:

Xxx

All your ideas of names are lovely. im had loads of trouble picking names. i don't know the sex so it'll be a surprise but ive chosen

Ben - for a boy

Keryn - for a girl

:D

lets see...unusual names....

Xavier
Vincent
Othello
Samson
Goliath
Arthur
Hamlet
Zeus
Quinn (my DH's favourite name ever!)
Marcus
Irwin
Elijah
Trent
Hugo
Lemuel
Royce
Pablo
Amadeus
Wolfgang
Arnold
Zane (I love this name but DH doesn't think much of it unfortunately).

okay I'm getting carried away now lol!

There's some great ones there, thanks! OH is stuck on Stanley at the moment, but I'm keeping an open mind.

I love Arthur, but Othello and Hamlet make me think of the tragedies!

Lydia was one of my top names for a girl so pretty!

A lady at my clinic has 3 boys - Arthur, Stanley and Wilfred. Another lady I know has an Arwen and I also know an Atticus :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back