Need help formula schedule and napping

jlim311

Reaction score
Hi

I am returning to work in 2 weeks and at that time my baby will be 11 weeks old. Currently he's eating around 4oz every 3.5-4 hours. I'm worried because a lot of times his feeding time coincides with the time he should be put down for a nap. I'm not on a napping schedule since he's so young but I do try and put him down during that small window of opportunity where he first gets drowsy. He is a horrible napper so I try my best to get him down as soon as possible. However, if he starts to get drowsy around 10am and he's not due to get hungry/eat till 11:00am. How do I go about this? If I keep him up to feed him early, he will not finish and I am stuck feeding him sooner for the next feed and he won't eat as much again. If I keep him awake he becomes a cranky mess from being overtired. I need about 20-25 min to put him down in the first place because he resists napping as much as he can. I'm worried because my MIL will be watching the baby at her house and I'm afraid she might have a tough time.

My second question is that when I return to work I need to have him dropped off by 8am. His wake up time varies due to when he eats etc. I would hate to have it where he's hungry about the time we need to take him to my MILs.

How did you go about having your baby's feeding schedule match your work schedule?

I know a baby will soon go into his own schedule and I wish I could have someone watch him in my own home, but having to transport him back and forth and not having some sort of schedule is stressing me out.

Any tips/help would be appreciated!

I found that when I went back to work babys routine changed and it worked for the better.
you may just have to feed baby earlier or later. I found routines changed as they get older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back