Need Advise - Got pregnant within a month of MMR vaccine

Meena

Reaction score
I took MMR vaccine on Aug 30 2016 in India and my last cycle was on SEP 7th.. then till Oct end urine test was negative but around Nov first week the test was positive and doctor said I am appox 13+ week pregnant now Dec end 2016.... But we are in confusing whether we have to terminate the baby or not , it looks like I would have got conceive on SEP 21 based on my last cycle, which in less than 28 days from vaccine

.. As all forums suggesting women should not get pregnant within a month after MMR vaccine so please advise what are all the problems to baby and mother if we continue the pregnancy and after birth or it is good to terminate now

Last edited:
Thanks many this forum really helpful... We are in the oscillation because some doctor saying it is safe and some of them saying it may lead problem to child ability in the future.. so need some more clarity

have one question.

In the link provided stating there is no known risk of MMR give shortly before conceive, that means even before 1-2 day of conceive ??? Or still we should be more precaution and think of termination as I was only 21 days from the date of vaccine and my conceive (fertile) ..

Last edited:
Hi i understand your worried however il this is not the place to discuss having a termination. It does not bother me but I know some ladies will be very upset as they have been trying to conceive for a long time. Plus the forum says we are not aloud to discuss this.

I think you need to go away and research this as you and you alone will have to make a choice. I have never heard of this before, what do they say it could lead to? Also if you are 13 weeks you really need to hurry and make a choice as the termination will be harder, however this is a life changing decision. Also lots of woman don't have vaccines and still have babies with health issues so I don't think you can rely on this. Equally lots of woman have had healthy babies.
I hope you can make a decision, best of luck I know it will be hard regardless.

They don't recommend the vaccination within that time frame but at the same time they wouldn't recommend a termination only on this basis. Surely this would have been something you would have brought up with the Dr/midwife when you had your appointment?

If scans do show issues then this would be different, but at the moment it is about the same as terminating on the basis that you had a glass of wine or some pate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back