Need advice

Rval_mummy

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I just need some advice as I'm sure I can't be the only one ever to go through this.
Me and my partner met like 4 years ago. We planned ou first who is now 15 months. It's been an amazing journey.
I've been under loads of stress at work since covid and I must have missed the pill quite a few times. Well... I'm now pregnant of 12 weeks. I didn't want more children nor did he. We don't have family nearby and childcare is super expensive so we were quite contempt just having our little man.
However I just can't get rid of the baby. He wanted me to but I just can't do it. This means he just doesn't want to be involved. He doesn't want to talk about any of it, doesn't want anyone to know about it, keeps making comments about me putting on weight.
I'm not in a situation where I can just pack my things and leave and have thus baby on my own. But on the other hand I want some advice on how to deal with the lack of support. I'm affraid I'll just end up regretting this child and it's not their fault. This baby deserves to be loved just as much as our first born is everyday.

I think your husband needs to grow a pair of balls and man up. He needs to be there for his child. Even with the pill, it’s not 100% effective and men are aware of this. If he didn’t want even a possibility of another baby, he should have worn a condom.

I am so so sorry you are going through this. Life throws things at us that sometimes we don’t want but we end up finding out that they are things that we never knew we needed. Babies are blessings.

I think you should really think about if you want to be with this man. He doesn’t want to support you, or his own child because he “didn’t want anymore children”. That is selfish. That shows his character. There are tons of resources out there for you to look at, there are options. Please do some research and see what you can find.

you’re going to be okay. I don’t think you’ll regret the baby. But if you do get rid of it, I think you’ll regret doing it just for the sake of your relationship.

I wish you all the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back