Need advice

Samuelsmom

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I seem to have made a big mistake and want to know what everyone thinks. I'm on the pill and I'm pretty good about taking it every night, but somehow I managed to forget a whole week. I have no idea why or how that happened. I'm on a lot of other medications, so it's easy to get confused I guess. So my husband and I were together on Sunday, May 3rd. I forgot Sundays pill and took it Monday morning, then forgot Mondays and took it on Tuesday morning. From there it just went down hill and I forgot the whole week. I hadn't realized it because I guess I had picked back up on the same day of the week that I stopped. I was in the hospital last week and they asked when my last period was and all that, so I broke out my trusty app and realized it was supposed to start this Friday, but I still have a whole week of active pills left. I just want to know if anyone knows the probability of pregnancy. If it was so, it would be very much loved and wanted because we do want another baby, but now isn't the right time for us. Anyone have experience with this?

Have you taken a test Hun?x

No, I'm not really sure when I should take one. I was thinking about tomorrow. I have 2 tests on hand. One is a clear blue digital and one is a First Response rapid result.

No, I'm not really sure when I should take one. I was thinking about tomorrow. I have 2 tests on hand. One is a clear blue digital and one is a First Response rapid result.
I would test and use the first response. Good luck x

So, I tested this morning first thing and it was negative. I'm kind of relieved because I absolutely dreaded telling my husband what happened. I'm also a little sad because I really want another baby. I'm 33 and he's putting off all of the things that need done before we can start trying. He's been putting it off for 4 years now. What worries me more is he's gonna be 47 next month. He's not going to feel up to another baby soon. Sorry, needed to vent a bit, lol. Thank you guys!

So, I tested this morning first thing and it was negative. I'm kind of relieved because I absolutely dreaded telling my husband what happened. I'm also a little sad because I really want another baby. I'm 33 and he's putting off all of the things that need done before we can start trying. He's been putting it off for 4 years now. What worries me more is he's gonna be 47 next month. He's not going to feel up to another baby soon. Sorry, needed to vent a bit, lol. Thank you guys!
Don't want to sound negative but my ex-husband kept postponing ttc for 5 years. I was 30 and he was 36 and still kept saying he wanted to keep on studying and that a baby would come later. When I was 28, I thought I was pregnant because AF was delayed for 4 weeks. He completely panicked and said that if I was pregnant that I should have it removed. That is when I realised he never wanted to have children. I started to see my ex differently and filed for a divorce 2 years later. I met my now boyfriend and became a mum at 33 for the first time.
If your oh really does want children, then ask for reassurance. There is nothing worse than waiting for something you will never get. You will start to resent him if you do not have a serious talk about it.x

Don't want to sound negative but my ex-husband kept postponing ttc for 5 years. I was 30 and he was 36 and still kept saying he wanted to keep on studying and that a baby would come later. When I was 28, I thought I was pregnant because AF was delayed for 4 weeks. He completely panicked and said that if I was pregnant that I should have it removed. That is when I realised he never wanted to have children. I started to see my ex differently and filed for a divorce 2 years later. I met my now boyfriend and became a mum at 33 for the first time.
If your oh really does want children, then ask for reassurance. There is nothing worse than waiting for something you will never get. You will start to resent him if you do not have a serious talk about it.x

My husband and I have a 5 year old together. He was planned. I didn't want a second until he turned 3 that's when I started getting baby fever, lol. We agreed that we both wanted one more and would have to get the basement cleaned and a room built down there for his office so we could have the 3rd bedroom for baby. Well, the basement started flooding every time it rains and pretty much ruined everything. So now he's afraid to build his office because his computer stuff will get wet or mildew (he's a computer geek. Works in IT). I understand, but we need to get the water situation taken care of asap. Well, I also started to develop some health problems. My job ruined my mental health and I took a couple days (2) off work to work on that with counslers and when I got back they fired me. That was in September. Now I'm developing arthritis in my knees and trying to lose weight so I can actually carry another baby. I know he doesn't feel like working on things when he gets off work and I haven't been able to help with my bad knees. It's just a mess right now. I told him that the baby would be in our room for a while so we'd have a year and a half to work on it and motivation to get it done, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back