need advice

JemJem2015

Reaction score
HI Ladies

I was at the hospital last Monday for a joint appointment with my husband and she had a look at my cycles and said I was due my 21 day blood test on the following day so I got it done they checked four different things like my thyroid and bloods and something else I'm not sure the receptionist wasn't very helpful with me and I had to phone back later for the progesterone levels and I was told one of the hormones was slightly hi so I had to get a non urgent blood test so I have one for tomorrow morning.

what would it mean I have a slightly high hormone level

many thanks jemma

I phoned the doctor back and asked what hormone is high and she said I have high levels of prolactin and I have to get further blood tests in the new year instead of tomorrow and it is a hormone that you get when you are breastfeeding but I have had no children yet

I am finding it very confusing

I was found to have a high prolactin about a year ago. We weren't TTC at the time so mine was found when they did bloods as I had other symptoms. The rest of the bloods were normal for me. GP referred me to endocrinology and I had more tests then was started on medication to bring the levels down.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask and I'm happy to help if I can :)

thank you for your reply they said I'm still ovulating which you dont normally do if you have prolactin so they think it something minor and I have to get another blood test in January xx

That's good you're still ovulating. I had been on the pill for years which had actually been to masking some of my symptoms. By the time mine was picked up, I probably wasn't able ovulate regularly even though I was eventually having regular but very light periods after stopping the pill. Hope your tests go well in January.

thank you and I hope you get your bfp soon too and my husband has his sperm analysis today he says he is pretty excited about because we are finally getting things sorted even thought it could take a while for everything to slot into place but we are a step in the right direction good luck with your journey xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back