need advice please

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by mum2and1angel, Mar 12, 2016.

1. mum2and1angel

mum2and1angel Well-Known Member

Sorry tmi. But my nipples are killing me? Anyone have some advice as to help me please it's unbareable. I'm 16 weeks tomorrow

2. scn

scn Well-Known Member

No idea sorry, maybe some breast pads inside your bra to provide some cushioning? Mine are sore but not unbearably so.

3. flexilexi394

flexilexi394 Well-Known Member

Hey! I had this around that time. At the moment, my left boob is really really hurting and a week ago it was my right. It does come in waves, it will get better. Try cold cabbage leaves that have been in fridge or something to see if that helps soothe? My boobs really really played up in my last pregnancy too, it's inevitable I think, but once baby comes, they are really sore and full for a few days then it all settles right down. xx

4. mum2and1angel

It's never been like this before n my other pregnancies it was bearable. I can't even bathe it's hurts so much. But I will try the pads and cabbage leaves thank u xx

5. SiameseCatLady

SiameseCatLady Well-Known Member

When I am outside in cold, my nipples hurt to the point that I can't concentrate! Usually happens at work when on playground duty! Can't use cabbage leaves for obvious reasons, but as a quick fix, I used some tissue in bra and helped a little. I got some desperate the other day that I held my hot drink on them in the cupboard(!) quickly just to warm them up just before getting back to work! Yikes; the confessions you end up explaining on here! I was in so much pain though! Someone saw me and said, "Are you ok?! You I look like you're in real pain!" Couldn't really explain at that point! Haha. Hopefully all good signs that my littlie is still in control of me :) xx

6. Ttc1234

Ttc1234 Well-Known Member

I got really sore firey nipples (felt like chillis were on then). I realised its the cold that does it. Warm them up - bath/hot water bottle/wear more clothes etc. Hope that helps xx

7. mum2and1angel

Glad I'm not the only one. They just generally hurt all the time. Hopefully they ease up soon xx

8. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

Are you wearing a mat bra yet? Mine causes less friction on my nipples. Hope it goes away for you soon x

9. mum2and1angel

Tried it. It's worse wearing one. I've had to buy a padded one so they literally don't feel the cold at all. I'm seeing the midwife next week so I'll ask then xx

10. flexilexi394

flexilexi394 Well-Known Member

If I go swimming my swimming costume makes my nipples sooooo sore! I've avoided swimming for this reason and everything! Xx

11. mum2and1angel

The cabbage leaves have helped. I asked a midwife who is a friend also and she said that it could be because I only had my last baby 12 months ago. Not tried swimming yet