Need advice on quitting job!?!?!?!?!?

Olivia118

Reaction score
So I'm a private family nanny and I am quitting. I have a new job lined up which is starting in January.
I had planned to leave my current nanny job before Christmas and I was going to give notice this week. I am owed almost £700 by my employer and I can't see me being paid any time soon as employer is in a mess financially.
I feel like im being taken advantage of...I work minimum of 55 hours a week. Some evenings the parent will walk in 3 hours late and during those 3 hours they haven't contacted me to let me know they will be late.
I have to do food shopping, cleaning and other errands like attending school meetings and doctors appointments as the parents are too busy but can go out to parties and come home drunk?

I was sick last month and was shown no sympathy from parent and they still expected me to work the 55hours that week, which I did as I didn't want to leave them with no childcare. I had to rush to a walk in centre late one evening to be diagnosed with an infection and was prescribed antibiotics. I text parent to let them know and expected me in the next morning at 7am. The parent was told that they cant have time off as they've had too much time off recently (none of which is my fault) so they told me if I need time off work then I have too give a months notice, so I can't become sick as its an inconvenience.

There's no contract in place. Since starting this job 6 months ago I feel low all the time, my relationship is suffering as well as my finances as I'm not being paid. The children are extremely naughty and constantly being excluded from school.

I want to quit.....can anyone offer advice of how to go about this. I need to get out of this job before it breaks me :(

I'm guess if there is no contract in place then you could just leave? If you want to chase up your owed wages the you can go to employment tribunals. But not sure how that would work with no employment contract. Sorry not much help :) x

Hi, Olivia. I know it's a hard time but before quitting your job think of a plan first on how you can be payed. The money you've earned are all your hard work so maybe speak with your employer first about the arrangement hoping they will agree.

People who don't respect you do not deserve your respect.

In situations like this, as hard as it is, you have to cut yourself loose.

I'd first inform them that unless they pay you the 700pounds immediately, you will not be coming tomorrow. Once you've been paid, call and say you're never coming back again. Ignore them forever;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back