Need Advice on D AND C's

dani200420052000

Reaction score
Hi All!

My name Is Danielle I cmisscarried On Jan 26th at 7 and a half weeks. I was devastated. I had an internal 2 days leter and there was nothing ther not even a sac. I never had no d n c is there any reason for this. I also was never given no antibiotics either,,,, should I have something to worry about?

All answers are appreciated!
Thankyou x

Hi Dani,

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I believe the general rule is that if you start to miscarry naturally - then the hospital is more inclined to let it continue naturally unless there are any signs of complications (probably because it cost's them nothing to let you go through the pain & trauma of miscarriage, whereas to perform an operation would incur fee's ..... but don't get me started on how bitter I feel about that!!!!)

From what I've read a D&C is only offered if, for instance, a scan has happened & the sac is empty or the embryo has no heartbeat so they KNOW you WILL miscarry, but then 2 weeks on nothing has happened, so the hospital decide they should go in & sweep the womb.

Hope that helps!

Hi Lou!

Thankyou for that. It has helped alot. I no the way I think about the hospital is that they are bitter and horrible and are not bothered about any1's feelings but there own.
I just hope that my baby will be ok. Today I woke up and I hardlies had no sickness. I take it it's fading now! hurahhhhhhhhh!

Danielle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back