Need advice-in agony!

Nikkijayne

Reaction score
I've had a bit of a bad back the last 2 weeks which has been manageable, but this afternoon I've coughed and my back/rib popped and now I'm in agony. I can just about get off the couch and cannot lift anything at all. I've been crying with the pain. I'm not to sure what to do. I'm 39+5 today. Baby has moved since, no blood or anything. Partner is on the way home from work now, is there anything you guys can suggest? I can't lay down at all. Thanks guys xxx

Id call hosp personally hun and see what they suggest xxxxx hope it eases xx

Yeah I'd definitely ring the hospital for advice x

I would ring the hospital, I was admitted at 32 weeks after something clicked in my back and I was unable to move, everything was extremely painful. This was after suffering with sciatica pain for 10 weeks. They would have given me morphine for the pain but I'm allergic so had tramadol instead. Spent 2 days there on complete bed rest other than walking to the toilet and touch wood I've been doing ok since xx

Thanks for the advice ladies. Went to minor injuries unit and then out of hours go. I've pulled all my back muscles. Was told to use hot water bottles, paracetamol or co codamol. Just need to rest. Fingers crossed labour doesn't start because I don't think I can deal with contractions on top of the back pain lol. Appreciated the replies xxx

*Update* I'm going to have to call the hospital I am delivering in tomorrow again and explain what's going on. I've had no sleep what so ever, I'm in so much pain I feel sick. There is no way I can deliver naturally with my back like this. I'm so frightened that I'm going to go into labour now. What if I can't lift my son up afterwards? ��

Have you thought about trying to see an Osteo/Chiropracter?

I'd try googling them and then ring one/a few in your area to see if they will treat you (tell them you're pregnant).
Good luck!

Have you thought about trying to see an Osteo/Chiropracter?

I'd try googling them and then ring one/a few in your area to see if they will treat you (tell them you're pregnant).
Good luck!

I was going to say the same thing. They can be very effective. An actual injury takes longer to heal but sometimes when something is simply out of place someone who is trained to put it back in place (which can be super painful ) a chiropracter can give almost instant relief. Other times it takes two or 3 visits but has a very high success rate. Try not to wait too long because the longer it is out the longer it takes to go back in and heal. Doctors cant usually do much but offer painkillers.

Last edited:
Hey hun how r u feeling? Its ur due date tomorrow isnt it? Has the pain eased? Xx

Hiya, Pain is still present just a little better. Using paracetamol and hot water bottles. Oh had to help me on and off the loo this morning. Spoke to a friend that was a mw and she thinks that if the pain is still there and I go into labour they should give me a c section because of the pain. It keeps spasming all the time. Xx

Please, please try and find a Chiropracter. Sorry if I'm being pushy, I'm not usually like that. I just really think it will probably help if not cure the pain within a couple of days.

I dreally feel for you. I hope you feel better soon and that the birth goes okay.

Last edited:
Tried looking for someone and there's no one available :( due date today, let's just hope I go over awhile so my back inst as bad xxx

Did you find one but they were booked up? If so it might be worth phoning again and saying you are desperate and explaining your situation. You often need to book a month or two ahead but my experience has been that they will squeeze in an emergency.

Is this your 1st baby? 1st babies are born 5 days over on average so you have a good chance of going over.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back