Need a vent today girls :(

sophiestars

Reaction score
We are having a little boy and we are naming him after his dad so his name will be Joe. Its an old fashioned thing to do and we were struggling to agree on names and my oh said oh lets just call him Joe and it was kind of a lightbulb moment lol! We love it I love saying Big Joe & Little Joe and my Joe's but people are reallllllly annoying me..i've been told that I can't call him that because its lazy, its lame and even pathetic!! I'm just so annoyed to be honest feel like crying just had enough of everyone putting it down :(

OMG who are they to put a name down?! Don't listen to them hun, Joe is a lovely name!!

I hate it when people feel they can have an opinion opn something that has nothing to do with them! xxx

Its really upsetting & believe it
or not this is from family lol! We have been together 7 years in august and are so happy and excited and looking forward to being a family! all this is putting a downer on it..just so peed off about it! Prob just the hormones lol xx

You should name your child with whatever name you are happy with, it is entirely your decision and nobody should say anything negative about the name as its not their decision or their business to do so!

Keep the name and try not to let anybody put you off it xxx

I love the name Joseph/Joe, it was put on my list of boys names :)

If that's what you want do it. We had a lightbulb moment with Elliot and instantly we were decided. Go with your instincts I think its cute.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I think it's lovely to name your son after his dad! It's done so rarely now, although a lot of people still take names from grandparents/great grandparents etc., which is just the same. Nothing lazy about it. Anyhow, it's your choice, don't let anyone make you feel upset about it.

My OH is called Leonard Andrew, known as Len. My DS1 is called Leonard Andrew John, known as Leo. I think it is sweet! His uncle calls them Lenny and little Lenny, which is nice apart from the fact I hate 'Lenny'!

I love the idea of naming after babies dad, my dad was named after his dad, and I'm going to use my oh's name as the middle name at least for our baby xxx

I've stopped telling people because they're so mean! Don't listen, there's nothing wrong in it!

My DH is called Richard and I like Richie for a little boy, hubs doesn't though!

Its your baby you call him what you want to. None of their business.

Who is having this baby... You or them? Ignore them! You andd your OH call your son whatever you want!

People don't like some of the names we have planned and sometimes take a dig but don't let it get to you. I personally think calling your son after your OH is so cute! I want to name my baby (if a boy) Matthew after his dad, but he doesn't like the idea so we're playing with other names and having Matthew as the middle name!

Ignore them, your baby, your choice! Xxx

I think Joe is a lovely name and such a sweet idea! Go with what you want. People will have to get used to it! xx

Just ignore them hun.

My FIL hates our boys name and my friends hate my girls name but I just think screw you, it's our baby not yours and we like them. We both don't even care what everyone else thinks as long as we are happy xx

Wtf is wrong with people? When you introduce a new baby to someone, no one says anything about the name then so why do they think it's okay to say it before they're born?!
This is one of the main reasons my husband and I are not telling anyone what name we've chosen for our little girl. We shouldn't have to keep it a secret, but we love the name so much, I'd hate to find myself going off it if people were to start saying mean things about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back