Need a perspective from someone who has experienced severe depression and anxiety

Do you know if she is acting the same way with other people? It might be that she really just cant talk to anyone as she is feeling so terrible and is having to protect herself by being really ignorant to others.

Maybe it is best to speak to someone in the family who knows she is going through this, let them know what has been happening on the school run so they have an idea of how she is acting so that they can try to help her/keep an eye on her?

Try not to be hurt as it really might not be anything personal but just how she is having to deal with life right now. Is there anything going on in your life that she might struggle with seeing/hearing about? x

I suffer incredibly with crippling anxiety and depression and often my thought processes do not make an ounce of sense to anyone else...

It can twist your mind and your thoughts into such bizarre thought processes and you slowly lose touch with reality giving you the conclusion that no one understands you so couldn't possibly care... Mental illness is awful.

Unless you outright ask her there is no possible way to know but to be honest if you don't have an incredibly close relationship with her then she won't open up to you and probably won't talk to you when she's experiencing a low mood/episode.
do you contact her by text? sometimes it's a lot less intimidating and a bit more manageable than face to face contact..
My other half's family have been incredible and put up with a lot regarding my mental health, the important thing is NEVER to blame her or fault the behaviors she exhibits...chances are she knows it isn't normal behavior and already feels terrible about it...

Thank you to both of you for your replies. I saw her coming towards us today and stopped her and made light of what had happened in a jokey way. By her reaction, I genuinely believe she didn’t see me. We talked a little and she admitted it happened with other people and her head is everywhere. I said I was here if she needed support in any way. I wish she would allow me to help but I can’t force a friendship with her. It’s selfish to say I feel better now when her life carries on a difficult as it is. I need to stop being so self centred and look for ways I can brighten her day a little.
Thanks again x

you aren't self centered, you're lovely for being concerned x
even if you're there for her in little bits from a distance I'm sure she will appreciate it

when i have been depressed i have assumed that nobody would be interested in my hello. they wont miss it and it doesnt mean anything to them. We would be out and someone would say hi and my husband would say "Why didnt you say hi?" and i'd be like, "I thought they were saying hi to you...."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back