Nearly time

pip88

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, just registered today, although have been lurking for a few weeks. I thought I'd just say hello and tell you a little about me. I m/c in April 2010 with a previous partner and it was absolutely devastating. I'm only now ready, with my current partner and love of my life to try again. I get my copper coil removed on May 30th so less than 2 weeks. I didn't think it was worth introducing myself in WTT as I will be actively TTC really soon.

I'm sooooo excited but incredibly nervous. After the m/c it's almost as if I have prepared myself for not being able to have a successful pregnancy, sad isn't it? I really would love to have some buddies on here that are in a similar situation so we can support one another on the difficult and exciting and terrifying and amazing journey that we are on!

BTW, my name is Philippa, but you can call me Pip. XX

Hi Pip :) Welcome to pf! Sorry to hear about your loss, it really is a horrible thing to go through. X

Hi Sophie,

Yes it is, but I find it comforting to believe it happened for a good reason. That's why I posted my avatar as my tattoo...it says omnia causa fiunt on it which means everything happens for a reason. Thanks for saying hello...what's your story? xx

Well i'm in a civil partnership and been trying to conceive since July 2012 via artificial insemination. Got a positive test this month but resulted in a very early miscarriage unfortunately so i'm still getting over that but we're willing to plod on and try again through our donor. At least I know I can get pregnant etc just wasn't meant to be. Really hope we all don't have to wait to long, this ttc business is hard graft sometimes. X

Oh Sophie, I'm sorry to hear that!! I envy your strength to carry on, it's an amazing quality to have!! I wll keep my fingers crossed for you hun. It chuffing well is hard graft. I'm trying this time to be really relaxed about everything as I think stress did it to me last time, but I can't help but fear the worst!! I'm going to try and indulge in loads of relaxtion techniques and just try not to worry about anything! XX

I need to carry on and be positive I want my baby :) where you from hun x

Me too, I want my little angel in my arms...yesterday haha. Hereford. You? x

Nottingham! It will be amazing! Just keep plodding along :) x

Yeah!!! Hey Sophie, how do you get the signature at the bottom of your post? X

User control panel at top and edit signature xx

Hello and welcome :wave:
Good luck with your TTC journey xx

Thanks Sophie and hello scn, thanks for saying hello. It's always a bit nerve wracking joining a forum where people seem to know eachother! Can I ask what your story is?? xx

Of course you can :)
I'm 39 and my husband is 49 :shock: we've been together for 12 years and got married last April. He has 3 grown up kids from a previous marriage but I don't have any :-(
We started TTC after we got married and I've had a 5 week mc last November and I lost a little boy at just over 13 weeks pregnant only 6 weeks ago. We are waiting on results of our bloods (they are checking us for chromosome abnormalities) before we TTC again and I'm really struggling with the wait!!! It's more than likely been just bad luck with an old egg due to my age but we want to make sure nothing is wrong with us before TTC again because we don't want to risk going through that again.

Gosh, that must have been really difficult!! I can understand why you are being cautious! I can only wish you all the luck in the world for your next attempt. It frightens me so much that it will happen again for me, but all I can do is try and not focus on it and relax!! Easier said than done though isn't it? xx

Yes it certainly is a lot easier said than done! But I've just got to keep thinking to myself that if our blood results are all clear then I've got no reason to think it'll happen again ... even though I'm old :shock: and you should tell yourself that too xx
D you have regular cycles? Are you going to use anything to help you pinpoint ovulation ie opk's or temping?

I do have regular cycles and I know when I ovulate however I don't want to track too closely when we start, maybe after a few months if nothing is happening. Last time I got pregnant by accident, a juvenile excuse of a ripped condom, followed by the morning after pill within 12 hours and still got pregnant! I had a right go at the man in Boots who told me to forget about it, there's no way I'd get pregnant haha, poor sod!

You are absolutely right!! Fingers crossed for a smooth TTC journey for us both xx

That's good you know your cycle. It's best to be relaxed about the whole thing ..... I should try harder to heid that lol
I hope you don't have to wait too long xxx

Hi :) good luck for your new journey :) everyone on here is fab and no matter how many questions you ask or how silly you think they are ask away. It's understandable why you would be terrified after mc, I comfort myself by knowing that so many ladies go on to have healthy happy babies. Or the ones who haven't, scn included, show so much strength to carry on again, gives me a lot of positivity x x

Welcome Pip! I agree, forums are daunting but everyone's really lovely and helpful! It's a good place to discuss similar problems with people or gain info from them but if you google anything, you'll most likely get told that you could be pregnant. Or a seriously ill. And who needs that? Google is evil!

Best of luck ttc xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back