Nearly 40 weeks

ranger*goy

Reaction score
Had my appointment with the midwife and the head isnt properly down yet :eek:(

I'm fed up because I have a feeling I will have to be induced - eventually!

I'm getting the same feeling!

Last week when I was at the midwife's the baby's head wasn't engaged at all, although she said it was in the right position.

Still no sign and I'm 41 weeks tomorrow. Inducement here I come I think!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was a bit dissappointed to be honest. He is pointing the right way and in the right position though.

Hope it happens for you very soon!

If you don't want to be induced, they should let you go a few days over the 14 days providing you and baby are healthy, it may mean more check ups but you should be able to ask.

I have had 2 children, one induced and one not.........I would never be induced again!!!

Thanks Diddlum, that article was quite useful. The midwife did comment on my toned stomach muscles today so its probably that.

No probs! Forgot to mention, I'm about 4 days overdue now and my baby's head is still only partially engaged too. Today the midwife wrote in my notes that it's 2-3/5 palpable. :(

Becky and Diddlum hope the babies come soon,

Hey a full moon on monday! loads of women give birth then due to the force! Go stand outside under the moon sky! The full moon causes strange things hense the phrase 'lunatic'! where it originated from. Many women use the moon to get their period back on track too! No joke.

cat x

Wow, Monday is my due date as well. Better tell the hubby to hurry back from that job interview. Do I have to howl at the moon?

Thanks Cat!!

That's interesting about the moon - I didn't know about that one! I've heard about it having an effect on periods but never knew about giving birth then.

Mind you I'm kind of hoping it'll be before Monday..... doubt it though at the moment!

lol no howling!! i dont really know if its true or not just heard loads of people talking about it, but as full moons happen once a month many people obviously give birth on every other day. I read people working in maternity notice just mroe people give birth on full moons.
The moon affects the tide so maybe it can put simular presure on the water in your body?!?!?! I havent clue lol just a therory, we will see monday!!
cat x

How's it going girls? Did the full moon work for you?

There's still no sign of my baby yet, although it feels really low and all the movement is low down.

I've been booked to go in and be induced tomorrow so hopefully I should be back with some news and some pics by the end of the week!

Wow Cat that was rather interesting. I will have to tell my brother, think it might have started off my sister in law, she gave birth last night a baby girl, 3 weeks early.

i was induced with my first baby. he was 10 days late. i have to say i was scared at first but i think the labour and delivery actually went faster because i was induced. they inserted a tab next to my cervix called cervidil for 2 days to try to bring on labour more naturally. it softened my cervix enough for them to break my water and to start a pitocin drip. they gave me the drip at 730am. i started to have uncomfortable pain by 11.30am and my son was born at 1.10pm. My only fear now is that with my second pregnancy i don't know what to expect if i go naturally. will it be fast like last time or was that just the inducement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back