Navel pain

Chantal

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have just joined this forum as I don't really know who to ask questions that pop up since we started ttc.

Anyways, we've been trying for over a year. I have Hashimotos and my sex drive has been non existent for much of it.
Hubby has just changed jobs and for the last month or so we have been seriously trying.

Now this is probably wishful thinking again but I wondered. I have just finished a period,which was pretty normal. Maybe a bit lighter and less painful but I wouldn't usually think anything of that as they aren't the Same every month.

This time however on the end of my period,last day or two where I usually have no cramps or anything, I got a weird pulling from behind the navel that isn't exactly painful but was quite sharp for a bit. It's worn off now but is still there. I'm also gassy, sorta bubbly in the belly and feel bloated in the evenings. I'm gluten free btw and since I started that haven't really had a bother with bloat.

I just want to know if there is any chance at all, or if it's likely something else so I can get it out of my head if you know what I mean.

Thanks for any replies!

Hello and welcome :)

I'm not much help with the pulling pains but are you taking your meds for Hashimotos? Thyroid issues can really affect fertility so make sure you keep on top of it to give yourself the best chance.

Do you track you ovulation at all?

Hi there

Yes I'm religious with my meds and had a couple ovulation tests done as well because of the infertility issue.

Not as such but I am tracking my period and thereby the ovulation
Docs said to not worry about that so much, just towage interiors every 2nd day which we have been pretty much doing.

I just wonder if I could be you know. Icant help the symptom tracking atm, it's driving me crazy! I try not to but thingy body does this and I just wondered if you can be pregnant despite having a period and it be worth doing a test. And then of course if that weird pulling is a symptom.
I just don't have anyone to talk to.

Personally I would think that pains at the end of your period would be unrelated to a possible pregnancy - although at least if you test you would get a definite positive if you were pregnant, so you could put your mind at rest? I would think more likely the pain is related to your intestines or maybe something like endo or cysts, if you get other symptoms related to those? The location is also a slightly odd one as your uterus is quite a bit further down... if it were me I think pregnancy would be the last thing on my list, but you'll soon get lots more symptoms if it is that!

Last edited:
Only way to know is to test even though the timing of the bleed and then pains doesn't seem right for pregnancy. It is possible to have bleeds while pregnant. Symptom spotting can drive you crazy can't it! Lots of people here to chat with so don't feel alone :)

Thanks guys, just nice to get it off my chest.

I think you're right, timing etc is all wrong. I just needed someone to say it. I made the mistake of Googling it...ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back