Nausea???

Gizem Saario

Reaction score
I'm 5 weeks pregnant (first pregnancy) last 3 days I've been sick the all day long. I had small bleeding also but more like brown colour. I've seen a doctor yesterday and she said it OK but only if you don't stop throwing up we'll give you something. I had such an awful 3 days but today I feel better. Still can't eat so easily even tho I'm feeling little hungry. Now I'm so scared what if I start feeling sick again :( I can take the sickness in the morning for while but the entire day! Anyone experience the same here?

I don't have that issue hun but didn't want to read and run, I think a lot of ladies are quite sick during the first trimester but it does start to get better around 10 weeks.
Hang in there!x

So I never threw up from pregnancy that I know of (nearly 11 weeks now), although I spent 3-4 weeks significantly tired and nauseous.

I ate tiny bits of everything, and I kept making food that I didn't want to eat. So, daily bananas were a thing for a while, but when I was excited for strawberry jello with banana slices in it, I only ate a serving or two over a period of days.

One evening I ate waffles with mozzarella, kalamata olives and crackers and I think cranberry flavored ginger ale. So it's been all over the place and I've wanted to eat things for only a few days, but for a while there I could only eat a third of a serving even when really hungry because I had to wait for a half hour to see how I felt. I hate throwing up. x/

Ham and cheese sandwiches for a few days, recently burgers when I couldn't stand the thought of them before, and in the very beginning milkshakes were the best thing on the planet. And, I love coffee (I drink decaf a lot normally) but it all tastes like dust to me right now. Dunkin Doughnuts came out with a thin mint (girl scout flavor) chocolate mint cappuccino that sounded amazing- yesterday, I had a peppermint patty which was super satisfying so I wanted to try the coffee version- and the coffee tasted like a mint patty that sat out gathering dust for three weeks. bleh.

Thank you for your responses, ladies! ❤️ I'm able to eat small amount of solid foods and drink lots and lots of smoothies. I hate nausea, well who likes it anyway. At some point I felt like I couldn't take it any more because it felt like it would never end. My only fear is if it comes back. My lips were dry and cracked because of dehydration since nothing stayed down. Well anyway I'm hoping that's over now. Wishing to have a healthy pregnancy for us all..

This pregnancy hasn't been so bad but I was awfully sick in my last pregnancy. I found travel sickness bands really helped - they can be a bit sore because the acupressure points need to sit between your tendons and you need to wear them constantly through the day for the full effect but I really found it worth it xx

Thank you for your responses, ladies! ❤️ I'm able to eat small amount of solid foods and drink lots and lots of smoothies. I hate nausea, well who likes it anyway. At some point I felt like I couldn't take it any more because it felt like it would never end. My only fear is if it comes back. My lips were dry and cracked because of dehydration since nothing stayed down. Well anyway I'm hoping that's over now. Wishing to have a healthy pregnancy for us all..
Yeah... anything you can do to be more comfortable will help you get through it. A minty chapstick might help, and for a while there I kept peppermint by my side at all times. The blander foods have been better than processed, as well as just a piece of fruit (though it's been taking me three days to eat a whole apple because I just stop wanting them in the middle).
saltines may help too, just a cracker with a bit of salt.

I was lucky this time round and didn't have any actual sickness but my nausea was bad. I found the seasickness bands worked really well. It may be worth giving them a go

Since my last entry I have been awfully sick - again -! It's been so bad that I almost regretted becoming pregnant. Starting from 7am till 10-11pm. And since I can't eat or drink I lost all my energy even going to toilet felt like hell. Interesting enough before I was able to read your messages one of my friend gave me this seasickness bands. I'm hope they work. I feel better now but always scared of next day I can't wait this to be completely over.

Hopefully they will work for you - so sorry you're having such a tough time with the sickness, it can't be easy. I really hope this is a phase in your pregnancy and you will get over it soon and not have it throughout.

If you arent able to drink fluids and can't keep anything down at all, i'd give your gp a call. Better to try and treat this sooner rather than suffer if you don't have to xx

I was sick constantly all day and all night for the first trimester, it gradually eased off from 13 weeks, although that first few months was horrific it does go eventually for most of us.
I could only eat carbs for that time and I found peppermint helped a lot to hold back the nausea when working, taking car journeys etc. I had to snack constantly too to prevent being sick at work.
I also had constant migraines and found that sipping full fat cola helped a lot when I was desperate (not ideal sugar and caffine obviously but a single can supped slowly on the worst days worked miracles and I still do it now instead of using migraine tablets as I find cola to be more effective).
Hope you find something that works for you. It's hard but so worth it in the end! :)

Yeah you're not alone, and it's different for all of us. I'm so glad you made this topic!

Feel free to post what you're able to eat or how your day has been, we're all rooting for you!

Thank you so much for your your support ladies. I'm still feeling pretty bad but compared to how I was couple of weeks ago it's gotten a bit better. My doctor said it should stop in a and half (I'm 10 weeks pregnant now) I got prescription ''metoclopramide orion'' but I shouldn't take it every day. I eat whenever I can and take vitamins daily. Baby is really well according to ultrasound :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back