Nausea

vixxie77

Reaction score
Started feeling sick a few days ago and is gradually getting worse :(

Any suggestions on what may help? Can't remember from last time, just tried to eat a piece of ginger root, urgh!!! Absolutely awful, had to spit it out!!

How long will it last too? :( x x

I always found that if I had lots of small snacks it tended to keep the nausea away, it's not the easiest to eat when you don't feel like it but I found it really helped.

I think it's just your luck how long it lasts. With my DD I think I felt sick from around 6 weeks until around 14 weeks but this time round it hit much earlier at around 4 weeks but I have felt fine since 7 weeks.

Hope yours isn't to bad! x

I think that's what I did last time, think it stopped about 12-13 weeks too, but can't remember.

Thanks hun :) really hope it doesn't get much worse :eh: x x

Hi Vixxie,
Ginger biscuits and ginger tea helped me....I also am sticking to really bland foods like potatoes and beans...

I just eat when I feel hungry and make the most of those moments!

I started getting ms at about wk6, and its started easing off the last few days, hope yours doesn't last too long!!

Nothing worked getting rid of mine so no help there lol. It stopped around 11 weeks for a few days then carried on till 18 weeks, still.feel sick on the odd day, but fx,d there will be no more!!

I agree about trying to eat small snacks. The nausea is always worse for me on an empty stomach. The problem is that I always seem to be hungry lol :D

Unfortunately, nothing eased my sickness. Its just started easing completely by itself around the beginning of week 10.
It was constant from week 7.

Hope u don't get it too bad x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

nothing eased mine, and i'm still really suffering, in fact got worse at 13 weeks lol. Eating small but often meals helped as i found that i started to feel sick if i was hungry. Also polo mints and dry crackers helped a bit but definitely not a cure lol

Thanks ladies :) have just had my dinner so feeling ok at the moment. Not sure how long it will last :eh: Forgot how bad this nausea could be x x

If there is I would gladly pay a lot of money for it right now. Lol. Ginger not working. Travel bands not working. Small snacks not working.
My nausea started at 5 weeks and the sickness started at 5+3. It's still going strong, all bleeding day. I'm assuming that my little bean is living the life of luxury inside there whilst it turns my world upside down. I certainly hope so.
I think sometimes your body will do what it wants to do and when it wants to do it. Just pray that day when it magically disappears comes sooner rather than later.
Hope you feel brighter soon. xx

If there is I would gladly pay a lot of money for it right now. Lol. Ginger not working. Travel bands not working. Small snacks not working.
My nausea started at 5 weeks and the sickness started at 5+3. It's still going strong, all bleeding day. I'm assuming that my little bean is living the life of luxury inside there whilst it turns my world upside down. I certainly hope so.
I think sometimes your body will do what it wants to do and when it wants to do it. Just pray that day when it magically disappears comes sooner rather than later.
Hope you feel brighter soon. xx

Aw hun :hugs: you sound worse off than me. Fortunately I'm not being sick, well I wasn't last time and hope not this time too. It's such an amazing feeling when you finally feel normal again :) will definitely pray that's not too far away for either of us. Really hope it eases for you soon hun x x

Aw, thanks.
I had proper morning sickness with DD. Proper textbook sickness 2-3 each morning and then after lunch I would feel normal. It was predictable and lasted the normal timescale of 6 weeks to 11 weeks. Strangely enough, I felt ok about that because everyday I would have the reassurance of being sick followed by the few hours to stuff my face and get my work done before falling asleep on the sofa. Lol.
7 years older, throw in a 6 year old DD and all day sickness, it makes for a very grumpy me. Roll on tri 2, I say! I remember I was so happy last time around in tri 2 that I felt like I was literally living on cloud 9. Poor DH is gonna think he's living with Jekyll & Hyde at this rate....!

Last edited:
Yeah in a lot of ways that would be better, the constant nausea is awful! I'm also finding it more difficult to cope having to look after my DD who is 14 months and into everything right now! I think I'd rather be at work, like I was last time lol, just sitting at a desk, eating snacks all day lol. Don't get me wrong, I love my DD :D x x

When i had the bad sickness and nausea dry crackers first thing in the morning helped, as did lucozade sport and the anti travel sickness wristbands. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back