Nausea tips

EssJayPea

Reaction score
As the title above suggests, do any of you have any suggestions on how to keep nausea at bay? Feel so rough and the thought of eating is making me worse :-( xxx

Ginger biscuits, boiled water with stem ginger x

At the min I'm just able to sip water when I'm up, it seems to stop me being sick so many times. And the only thing I can eat so early is a slice of toast and beans. Small nibbles every few mins of it seems to keep sickness away but by the time I've finished its freezing cold lol. I'm lucky that it stops around lunch time but the odd time I do have it later on I find that lucozade and ice lollys help xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I had hot water with lemon and crackers were my life saver, I still have them in my bag now.
But people guessed I was pregnant with the crackers.

Im feeling your pain :( feeling so ill today, have been vomiting for the past week now but today has been the worst, just try eat something plain like toast or crackers or plain crisps. And try and keep drinking. Unfortunately its just one of those things that can't be cured, just think it will all be worth it in the end!! Xxx

Going to order some ginger snaps in the shopping. Nibbling on a cracker and seems to be tolerable! Feel bad as I'm moaning about symptoms when I know how lucky I am to be pg xxx

I know im the same sjp, was crying this morning with head down the loo! Just want to feel better but I know how lucky I am. I'm glad your managing something to eat. It's hard with no appetite whatsoever! Sparkling water is something I love at the moment too! Xx

Thank you hun, good to know I'm not alone. Sorry to hear you're so sick as well :-( I managed a Calippo ice lolly there and, although I still feel sick, it was so worth it! Xxx

Keep some dry crackers near your bed and eat a couple before you get up, that used to help me a lot xxx

I know how hard it is to make yourself eat when you feel sick, but you have to force yourself too, because the less you eat, the more ketones you have in your body which makes you feel even more sick and nauseous.

Ugh. You're right. I'm just rubbish at this pregnancy malarky! Lol xx

Me too!!! Bllleeuugghh! Just had an ice lolly too and quite enjoyed! How many weeks are you sjp? Babyem are you feeling any better? Xx

the only thing I found was the two things my OH suggested - ice pops and sipping lemonade!! The lemonade definitely worked for some weird reason... ?????? With my first pregnancy it was ice cold appletise!!

Me too!!! Bllleeuugghh! Just had an ice lolly too and quite enjoyed! How many weeks are you sjp? Babyem are you feeling any better? Xx

Feeling alot better than I was!! I only start feeling so sick now when I dont eat regularly, and if I drink coke??? haha! OH started forcing me to eat, and it actually helped. I think the scan made it all worth it, and I do still have sick days, but I am feeling human again and haven't in a long time! So trust me, it does get better! My mw told me today that I should have been admitted to hospital, so god knows how I managed! I wonder that too!

The lemonade thing... When I was at school, if you went to the nurse feeling sick, she would give you a glass of lemonade, and I never knew why so I asked her. She said 'Well, its either going to make you sick or settle your tummy, either way you'll feel better' lol.

I'm 7ish weeks now. I'll try the lemonade see if it works. Fancy another Calippo....

Xx

Digestive Biscuits seem to help me a bit. Well some days they do and some days they dont ha ha x

Eating little and often helped and ginger biscuits and ginger and lemon tea

sent from my Galaxy s2

I found cheese on crackers helped in the early weeks or toast and marmite! Definitely small and often is the key xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back