Nausea 24/7

becsybabe

Reaction score
Hi ladies I'm jumping over from tri 1. I'm in need AF others experiences please. I'm currently 8w3d and for the past 17 days Iv had constant nausea 24/7 tyres isn't 1minute I haven't felt sick it's awful. I was actually sick for the first time last night still didn't stop me feeling it... Any way can you ladies please tell me 1. When yours stopped 2. If it even stopped and 3. Anything that helped you with it?
Thankyou so much in advance xxx

I will be thread watching this one x

Oh i'm so sorry hun it is positively awful :( I was never sick, just nauseous, it was terrible and I could barely cook a meal without retching. It had almost disappeared by 11 weeks but I think i'm one of the lucky ones. I still het waves of nausea now but gosh I remember how it felt when it was all the time..

Small and regular snacks help, very cold things (cold fruit, ice lollies..) Hot food can aggravate it but really just eat whatever you can stomach and don't worry about nutrition. I ate a lot of cereal, lots of different kinds, I found the ice cold milk refreshing. Anything with a bit of tang helped (oranges) I basically wanted anything that was light and refreshing.

Keep a pack of hardboiled sweets in your bag to suck on if you get an attack (I found some sugar free ones in Waitrose). That really helped when out and about..

Hope you both feel better soon - just do what you can to get through and don't feel guilty (my partner moaned that I wasn't eating enough veg - could have punched him!) xx

Thanks Kate, I find cold things are better for me and I'm eating cereal abit too. I'm hoping in one of the lucky ones like you and feel better by 11/12 weeks. Iv found sugar free Barley sugar sweets seem to work quite well with stopping the nausea for a short time xx

Hey... I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and have had the same as yourself, started about 6 weeks and my word...the nausea! All day from waking up to bedtime as you have described. The common solutions didn't work for myself, like ginger or peppermint. I would recommend that when u get to the stage where u throw up in the morning more, I would recommend seeing if you can throw up bile BEFORE attempting to eat anything (best was toast for me) its much worse to throw up food only 5 minutes after eating it *shudders* its not at all pleasant in comparison to bile. Oh the lumps. :shock:

For me the sickness/nausea hasn't gone yet but its just morphed into something which is marginally more manageable day to day. This transition started around week 13.
I did go to the doctors this week and he prescribed cyclizine (for which I am eternally grateful) and as a result I have ate more in last two days that I have been able to in weeks. If you still have the same issues at week 13+ then I would recommend contacting docs.

Main pieces of advice for you is to eat whenever you can, learn what the baby is screaming NO to you eating. For me this was milk and chocolate (gee thanks baby)
Oh and whilst people do say little and often helps, you may find sometimes it works (I tried eating at least a digestive biscuit if I hadn't eaten for an hour or so) Sometimes you just have to wait for that small window of "Ooh, I don't feel as bad now" - go and eat something!!! Oh and if you aren't eating a lot, then make sure at least you are taking the pregnancy supplements, including calcium! I take Pregnacare for most vitamins and then spent a bit more and got the Osteocare calcium medicine, if you hate massive tablets.

Essay over :x

I've had nausea and mine seems to have raised off this week and I'm now 15 weeks! I really struggled lost weight because I couldn't eat I was cockling at slightest thing I was sick a few times some times wouldn't even be able to make to bathroom it was that bad. Polos worked for me hopefully will shift for you soon xx

Thankyou it's absolutely horrible it's driving me crazy. My three boys don't know I'm pregnant yet so I have to try to keep as normal as I can but that's killing me I'm hoping it passes soon for me :( xx

Sorry you're feeling bad like that. I had nausea and exhaustion really bad too. I went through times where I could hardly eat anything.Just eat whatever you can tolerate at the moment and get plenty of rest. Mine didn't let up till around week 17 but hopefully yours will stop sooner. But it really does get better. Just hang in there. :)

Last edited:
It's an awful feeling, I was the same until about 18 weeks then seemed to just feel ill for a couple of hours at night then the last week it seems to have eased off even more

It's horrible I'm hoping I start to feel better soon xx

Same here. I cried earlier through sheer exhaustion. I can't do anything. I can't imagine feeling normal again xx

Bless you lisey I'm exactly the same. Luckily my partner is now starting to realise how awful I feel. He didn't quite understand before (this is his first) I'm looking forward to my dating scan so I can see more than just a blob on the screen and actually see a little baby moving about on screen then at least I can see that it's all worth it :) I have my scan 26th so not too long to wait xx

Well, I'm not a great example as I'm in week 24 and still being sick. My best advice is to never let your blood sugar drop. I try to eat at least once every two hours, never leave home without snacks and water.
Cereal bars have been a great snack for me, as well as dry salty biscuits in the beginning. Find whatever works for you. Bland food has been easier for me, cereal, toast etc.
And do go to the doctor and get anti sickness pills. They are perfectly safe and can be a lifesaver. I was on cyclizine in the beginning but they stopped working and now I take prochloperazine as well as Omeprazol for acid. I haven't been actually sick for almost a week, touch wood. And nausea only appears infrequently.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I can't leave the house at the moment because I feel so rotten but I do eat regularly. Also liking cereal and toast etc. Get bad indegestion but gaviscon is helping. I am on meds, was on avomine but have switched to cyclizine. So far still feeling awful but will give it more time xx

Same here. I cried earlier through sheer exhaustion. I can't do anything. I can't imagine feeling normal again xx

I know how you feel poor thing! I remember in the beginning one day I felt like I was dying. I was thinking can you die from exhaustion? LOL! I'm not used to being sick and I had never felt that bad before. Nothing hurt, I was just sooooo exhausted even though I was sleeping good every day. And the fact that it was 110F/43C outside at that time did NOT help. But yes, it will get better. Just drink plenty of water like I did and keep snacks available and rest as much as you need. :) :hugs: I'm glad the baby will be born in the winter time here, when it will be only around 70/21 or 80/26 degrees. :)

Last edited:

I know how you feel poor thing! I remember in the beginning one day I felt like I was dying. I was thinking can you die from exhaustion? LOL! I'm not used to being sick and I had never felt that bad before. Nothing hurt, I was just sooooo exhausted even though I was sleeping good every day. And the fact that it was 110F/43C outside at that time did NOT help. But yes, it will get better. Just drink plenty of water like I did and keep snacks available and rest as much as you need. :) :hugs: I'm glad the baby will be born in the winter time here, when it will be only around 70/21 or 80/26 degrees. :)

My goodness that's a hot winter!!
Thanks, I hope it gets easier too. I feel like that too sometimes, it feels like awful flu thats taking its toll on my body xx

Last edited:

My goodness that's a hot winter!!
Thanks, I hope it gets easier too. I feel like that too sometimes, it feels like awful flu thats taking its toll on my body xx

LOL! Yup! :)

V been put on the cyclizine tablets supposedly to help me stop feeling sick I started yesterday morning and since taking them I have felt worse not better has anyone else had this effect with taking them? Xxx

You'll need to wait a day or so of taking them to get them fully in your system. Are u taking a full tablet or half tablet 3times a day? I only took full tablet if I knew I was at home for he evening cos it makes me more drowsy. It's not taken the nausea away completely but it's made eating easier and I've kept everything I have eaten down since saturday(started taken the tablets the Tuesday before) i always found mornings to be worst when there's nothing inside (tablets won't help that) so I test the waters with a tiny glass of juice, if that stays down after 10 mins I will eat some breakfast !!! Test what works for you Hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back