Naughty Kitty!!!!

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
I really love our little kitty, he's soooooo affectionate and just damn cute...but he's starting to reveal a rather naughty streak!!!

He has discovered the joys of playing with wires, and attacking hands and feet with full claws out.

When he gets his claws out I say "NO!", and then give him a little tap on the nose (what his mummy cat would have done) and stop playing with him. I also do the same when he goes for wires.

He's got plenty to entertain him...loads of toys and an activity centre and separate scratch post, so its not boredom.

He does seem very attached to me and prefers to playfight with me than play with his toys, which is fine until he gets those claws out! My hands look like they've been through a blender :(

Other than positive reinforcement and keeping him active and entertained, does anyone have any behavioural training tips???

Thanks, its been sooooo long since I had a kitten I forgot what little buggers they can be lol

awww lol

i dont think you can really train cats... well not ours anyway.. it thinks he rules the house :wall:

all kittens I have had have been like this they dont mean to hurt you but it is the general way kittens play with you attacking and biting hands. its good to say no and put him down and I used to tap mine on the nose but later learnt that this can do damage to their noses in the long term no matter how soft and shouldnt be done. alfie (my kitten) is exactly the same, and he follows me around and would rather be around me than his toys they do grow out of it and even though your hands may look terrible no you will miss the playfulness when he is a bit older, I miss smudge being like that now he just sleeps all day :p

Urchin said:
Water pistol? :lol:

we're using a spray bottle filled with water for everytime we catch it sniffing around the moses basket or pram!
it's worked so far!!

cassi said:
all kittens I have had have been like this they dont mean to hurt you but it is the general way kittens play with you attacking and biting hands. its good to say no and put him down and I used to tap mine on the nose but later learnt that this can do damage to their noses in the long term no matter how soft and shouldnt be done. alfie (my kitten) is exactly the same, and he follows me around and would rather be around me than his toys they do grow out of it and even though your hands may look terrible no you will miss the playfulness when he is a bit older, I miss smudge being like that now he just sleeps all day :p

I suppose thats true and he is just playing of course, theres no real aggression in him atall, aww bless he has now tired himself out and is sitting in his fave position, on my shoulder with his head tucked under my chin suckling my top :roll: :D

I'll just keep on putting him down whenever he gets his claws out :)

awwww. You are his cat mummy and he loves you and wants to play with you! He is just treating you like he would his brothers and sisters.

Kittens are so cute aren't they hun :D

All they want to do when they are kittens, is play, sleep and eat. If he starts scratching your furniture try rubbing something citric smelling on the item...most don't like that.

My two, Pepsi and Max are still little play monkeys...and I totally agree that they can rule the roost. They live with my mum at the moment and Max things he owns everywhere and he pulls faces at you, serious...he's a little git, but adorable! Pepsi has a much softer nature, she's really loving and very sweet :D

aw I love Pepsi and Max, they are such cool cats :lol:

He's got his first round of vac's tomorrow :cry:

He'll be fine. I'll give you a ring over next couple of days babe :D

You can't train cats its impossible... although they do understand what you are saying... and laugh at you... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ours aren't allowed in bedrooms, aren't allowed to scratch the walls and doors, aren't allowed on the kitchen tops... but do they ever listen.. NO!.. and trust me that whole water spray thing works in the short term but they just get much better at avoiding the water.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I've resorted to hissing at them... I would chase them but well they know I can't catch them anymore.. :rotfl: Just wait until I pop. :twisted:

Just the way there are I'm afraid, my cat (babylicious) was the same until he was over 12 months old, he used to climb the curtains, knock ornaments off, he was a little s*d

My cat is 7 and still attacks feet and hands with full claws out :? It's particularly good when he runs out from underneath the bed and grabs your ankle! Ouch :shock:

I'm so proud of my little boy kitty!

We went to the vets today for his first lot of vaccinations and he was so chilled out! There were 4 dogs in the waiting room and all he wanted to do was just sit and watch, he wasnt phased or worried, just really observant, and when he had his check and vacs he was as good as gold and just laid there taking it all in :)

I didnt take him in a basket but kind of inside my coat with a blanket, he definitely felt safer there than he would have in a basket, and he didnt try to get down or cry once! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

He's now on the window sill watching the world outside, probably thinking about his adventure today and how he cant wait to get out and explore the big wide world :lol:

He's now on the window sill watching the world outside, probably thinking about his adventure today and how he cant wait to get out and explore the big wide world
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back