Natural remedies

Maka

Reaction score
I found this after researching. I just started the Agnus Castus and Evening Primrose Oil. We shall see if it works

Agnus Castus (also referred to as vitex or chasteberry): This seems to be the herb most commonly used by women with PCOS. Vitex has a direct effect on the pituitary gland; the gland involved in regulating hormone production. It seems to increase the level of LH, although the studies that have shown this have been conducted in women without PCOS. Therefore, this does not mean it increases LH levels in women with PCOS. The fact that it works so well in women with PCOS lends great support to David Hoffman's (11) assertion that vitex is an adaptive herb that does whatever the body needs it to do. It seems to restore progesterone to a normal level , which is helpful for those with low progesterone levels. Low progesterone levels can cause miscarriage so vitex can help to prevent this. It is also used for irregular menstruation, amenorrhea and PMS.

Donq Quai: This is actually a Chinese herb but it is widely available in Western health food stores. It is one of the best women's herbs and has been dubbed "the female ginseng" (12). Similar to vitex, it can be used for long periods of time because it is a tonic herb. It nourishes the liver and endocrine system and is useful for irregular menstruation, PMS, period pain and menopausal symptoms. It is a phytoestrogenic herb.

Black Cohosh: Black cohosh is a uterine tonic herb and exhibits an oestrogenic effect. It is widely used in menopausal formulas but is valuable for treating amenorrhea, irregular menstruation and PMS. This herb can also lower blood pressure.

Saw Palmetto: Saw palmetto is traditionally used to treat male prostate enlargement. However, since it is an anti-androgen many women with PCOS use it to treat hirsutism and acne. It has a side effect of increasing breast size in some and consequently is used in breast enhancing herbal formulas to increase cup size. However, it does not always have this effect.

Evening Primrose: a widely popular supplement taken by many women for PMS, fibrocystic breast disease and to improve skin quality. It can also help with irregular cycles. It is rich in G.L.A and linolenic acid; essential fatty acids which the body requires to regulate hormones. Evening Primrose oil also helps with heart disease, cholesterol and blood pressure.

Progesterone cream: This cream has been widely popularised by Dr. John Lee, who advocates the use of this cream for many female conditions such as menopause, PMS, fibrocystic breast disease, ovarian cysts and PCOS. It can be ordered from various companies on the Internet.

I've also heard of Lydia Pinkham"baby in every bottle" google her name for the story. A friend of mine ttc for 2 years heard about LP and became preg after taking this for two months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back