Natural Birth after 2 previous c-sections

shorty77

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had a natural birth after 2 c-sections?

My last section was 7 years ago and I really want to try and push this baby out the natural way......

I've heard many different things about this so wanted to know if any of you have been able to do it?

Thanks ladies

xx

No personal experience but I have seen posts from other ladies that have. To find more information and experiences you could try googling VBA2C. Hope it goes well for you.

Last edited:
I have only had natural births so I can't speak to the c-section aspect of this but my biggest piece of advice would be to labor at home as long as possible and go 100% drug-free. That way you avoid the "cascade of interventions" that often happens when you start to introduce artificial augmentation or pain relief.

Also, get a doula!

No personal experience but I have seen posts from other ladies that have. To find more information and experiences you could try googling VBA2C. Hope it goes well for you.
Thanks hun.

Hope all goes well for you also.
x

I have only had natural births so I can't speak to the c-section aspect of this but my biggest piece of advice would be to labor at home as long as possible and go 100% drug-free. That way you avoid the "cascade of interventions" that often happens when you start to introduce artificial augmentation or pain relief.

Also, get a doula!
Excellent advice Kholl. Thanks.

I really want to push this one out but im just so worried the consultant will say no.....

Hope all is well with you?

x

In my area there are "birth choices" meetings held regularly and also a doula friend hosts or attends VBAC support groups. She had a c section with her first then vaginal births with her next 2.
Maybe you could see if there are any groups like that near you?

Definitely think it's possible. Especially 7 yrs on.

The thing you want to avoid is induction and/or the syntocin drip because anything that 'speeds up' labour makes your uterus contract more fiercely which is the real reason why previous c sections are at higher risk of uterine rupture on the scar. Normal intervention free labour is ok.

Hey Hun, when I'd had twoc sections they made me have another one said it was too high risk of rupture to allow my body to labour. This time I'm gonna also be having a c section don't have a choice in any of it just be given a date and booked in for them xx

Hi, I hope you got the information you need. I'm part of a great group on Facebook - VBAC uk (I think this s what is called)
Many ladies have had VBA2C and some after 3 and 4! The guidelines have change to say that hospitals should support women up to 4 sections as there is no increased risk of uterine rupture compared to 1 section.

Lots of great advice and stories on the Fb page . When I have my 3rd I will be going for a VBAC again.

ickllemoi- it's completely your choice. If you didn't want to have a section then you don't need to. They can't force you. What they say is all suggestion. Ask them for risks of both and weigh them up.

Last edited:
Tasha my consultant doesn't listen to me at all, my first was c section and I had to beg for my vbaC with my second which was successful and an amazing experience, 3rd baby I laboured but didn't progress after 8 1/2 cm and felt pains continuously even when my contractions faded I was petrified babies heart beat disappeared for a little while and came back so they continued to let me labour some more which still only got me to 8 and half cm I have to beg for a c section then, I was so sure something was gonna happen. My 4th I was pushed into a elective c sectio. This baby again pushed into a section, he was even trying to bully me into sterilisation which am very reluctant about. I think natural birth is a beautiful thing x

All of your advice is amazing. Thanks so much.

I have agreed with the consultant that I will go to my due date and if nothing happens naturally then we will book me in.
:(

I really want to try and get things kicked off naturally but who knows what will happen.

Although I know when ive over done it in the day because at the end of the day I get a pain where my old scar is and it can be quite painful. Due to this I really dont think the scar will hold out during labour and I will have to have a c-section.

Fingers crossed we all get the births we want....

xx

I'm no expert but discomfort in the scar could be to do with nerve damage so might not have much to do with the actual strength of the scar tissue.

Good point BunnyN.

I have midwife Friday so will see what she says.

x

Ikklemoi- that sounds horrendous. To be forced like that really isn't fair. Natural birth is a wonderful thing (I've seen my sister labour and birth 5 times)
Do not let them sterilise you if that's not what you want.

Shorty77- i wouldn't schedule a section for your due date. Go for 40+7 at least give yourself a week. I was adamant I'd have my baby by 10th June so I agreed to be booked into induction on 11th. I had him on the 8th. :) (8 days overdue)

I'll be going for vba2c providing everything goes well but it won't be for atleast three years I tried vbac this time but was
Induced and didn't progress he was born with apgar scores of 9 via emergency section my daughter was born by planned section and only scored 5 so I think the labour helped clear everything. It's worth a try is my theory x

I have a friend who has had two CS and is due soon. She assumed she would have another CS but has actually received pressure from docs to try a natural birth this time even though she is not keen on the idea. Its crazy how opinions of docs and MWs vary so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back