Nasty comment made while at play area playing on my mind...

MamaJay

Reaction score
I wouldn't usually share anything like this but it's been playing on my mind. My soon to be hubby and i took our daughter to the local baby play area.

Whilst he went for a coffee, off i trotted to the baby ball pond. I sat down on the crash mats waiting for out turn and got talking to two mothers. Her boy was a week younger than mine so we started gabbing about our babys.

My daughter then brought up some wind (and a little sick to go with it) i felt awkward because i stupidly left my changing bag by the pram. I didn't want to leave it there with the other children- so i asked one of the mothers i'd been talking to for a wipe. In between apologising explaining i'd left my bag.

I got up and thanked her walking away, i then heard her turn to her mate and murmer 'Typical dosey young mum ey?'

I was fuming! I'm 25 my partner 29, getting married this year and we've been to uni, gotten our degrees and have our life in order.

Really upset me because i know girls who have had babys a lot younger than i that are fantastic mums!

Anyone else think this was a really horrible comment to make?

It's rude yes, I would have turned around and said - better than being an old bag! Don't take it to heart, some people are just stupid xx

Dont let it get to you. People like to comment an judge. Iv found that so much since iv had my children. I remember going to the weigh in clinic when my yongest was a newborn and he wee'd all over the scales. Went to my bag I had no wipes and my 1 year olds nappys haha must have looked like a really unorganised mum :) xx

Hun you are my age, I look like a bloody teenager and I probably always will, you are not a dosey young mum, do you live your baby? Feed her? Watch over her? You are not a bad mum you forgot her changing bag that's not the worst thing to happen really ignore the comment you get some right bitches. I know i sound confident don't I? I'm not I just don't tolerate other people telling me what to do or how to raise my child, chuck it in the fuck it bucket Hun. Big hugs xxxx

I'm 26 and look very young too. If I was at soft play with my son I would leave my bag over by the pram too, its more of a hazard for other kids to fall over it. I absolutely hate people who think they are the perfect parents and slate others.

Lolz, I don't know what's wrong with people like that! I always get looked at abroad where I'm from because the average is, is just higher.. Not that there's no people having children young.. But it's rarer.. Especially looking young, keep your hair long and it's another tick on the box that you're guaranteed to look about 16-18 and people will stare.. Too because it's a biking culture and toddlers don't really get out and about anymore past a certain age in town centre.. People were staring at me having my son in his pram.. Nevermind the fact that he had a pauperish looking mickey mouse fleece instead of a proper food muff.. God the stares.. I kept joking to my nan, look at people giving judging looks about my pauper looking mickey blanket whilst dying laughing.. My nan also is often seen as my mom!
So when me and my sisters (whom are all younger and actually of the age of 16-18 haha) me with my son and my nan went for something to eat they said to my sisters, your mam already went passed and is sitting down there!! I was thinking if they reckon she's our mam, I wondered who they thought was my sons' mum as my sisters are taller than me but the youngest is 11 years younger haha!

Going over next week and the kids are off school with it being holidays there and I'm probably taking my son swimming and softplay so that's going to be fun! Especially if I turn up with my buggy :p

Oh god F'ck em!
I was never even a young mum I was 30 and I was constantly forgetting to take bits out. I'd rather be dosy than neurotic like some of them are.

Being laid back passes good energy onto your bubs so just carry on doing what your doing.

Some people are just fucking idiots and they shouldn't discriminate anyone for anything, that women just shows the type of person she is.

xxx

Thanks girls! Trust me it took me everything not to flip. Its only because i was surrounded by babies i didnt haha! Most people i know including my own mother had me in her 20s anyway! Dont know why i'm a dosey young mum. I'd say 25 is a pretty average age! grrrrr

Last edited:
The comment reflects more on them than it does on you.

I think it was a rude thing to say, but some people are nasty and can't help themselves. You on the other hand were polite and well-behaved.

Don't take it to heart!

p.s. I used to look very young too until a few years ago (I'm now 37) and all I will say is - while it can sometimes be frustrating - enjoy it while it lasts ;-)

Joining the looking young club. I'm flipping 30 this year and still look like I'm a teen mum.

I'm also 26, I had my son when I was 22. Jeez if she said that to me she'd be going in that ball pit head first with her friend after her! I hate these kind of mums who think the sun shines out their arse!! And it's also the reason why I always refused to go to groups and play areas as their so full of bitch, cliquey mums!..Really boils my blood! ha!

In the grand scheme of shit that life will throw at you, some snidey comment from some woman you don't even know really doesn't matter.

Just ignore it hun and try not to let it get to you.

XX

What a bitch! Rise,above it. I remember when I was at a group once someone commented that my baby was s y g going f2f I do well because he want breastfed,it took me, all my strength not go reply. Then a few months, mater,when her LO was 6 months old I saw her in Morrison's,giving her daughter some walkers crisps and a sausage rolls and had a pang of smugness. (Sausage roll l s,are,fine, but , 6 months?!)

Ignore them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back