Nasal aspirators

star fish

Reaction score
My poor baby has his first cold! What ******* gave it to him I dont know :mad:

Anyway, he's struggling to breathe, nose full of snot and starts choking when on his back. I took him to the doctor who gave me a prescription for saline drops but they dont do a lot. I read about aspirators which are little pipettes that suck the mucus out and I asked the doctor but she said "how old fashioned" in a really condesending way.

Anyway I found them on Amazon, in fact tons of different designs, so they are clearly still in use, and I wondered if anyone else had used them or knew good/bad things about them?

I got 2 from boots (different designs just incase one didn't work) and they were a god send! I found the simple one with the ball and the nozzle to be the easiest. Think it was about a fiver. Lo hated it but it meant she could have a feed so I made her put up with it!

I use saline solution and aspirator with my lo who has had a cold for weeks. They are both brilliant. Couldn't have coped at feed and might without them

Last edited:
I have saline drops and asparator for LO and I love it. She had been quite mucousy from day one and I really wpd have been lost without it. Xxx

I posted a pic of a spray I used for lily (must have! The thread was called)it was amazing.. It's called stérimar about £4 in boots, the best thing I ever bought!! She hated it the first time but he's used to it now and it always immediately brings out a clump of crap!! Others have used it on here too and agree its brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back