Nappy sizes & Pampers

CARNAT22

Reaction score
This is purely out of interest but I just wonder if anyone else finds Pampers come up quite 'small'

James is 17lb 6oz yet has been in size 4's for a few months now. I put him in them as soon as he was 15lbs (size 4's are 15lb - 40lb)

Worryingly I think he'll need to go up to 4+ soon?

He isn't massive [he's 25th centile and long / thin] so I can't quite work out why the nappies seem small on him?

Anyone else find this?

xxxx

Last edited:
I find them quite big on my daughter - she's still in new baby size 2s at 4.5 months! In fact she's been in this size since she was 2 weeks!

i find them big!, O is 17lb 3ozs at 10 &1/2 mths. She's been in them a while, i think the weight is 15-40lb? i know then overlap a lot.
We got given some sainsburys size 4s given to us and they seemed smaller that pampers , same with aldi x

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

I find size 4 big too, we stocked up at the Asda baby went and now I wish we'd stocked up on 3's! Xxx

I find them small. Meri was in size 3's from quite early! She's in 4's now and I think they will be too small soon! She is a chunky monkey though.

I find then short rather than not wide enough around the waist.
Amelie is is size 4 the past 4 months.
I already tried a 5 as she needs sth that goes higher up but it was too big around the waist. (She is though over 80 cm already)
We don't have 4+ here and all the other brands are smaller than pampers.

I dont use them but my mum sent a pack home a few weeks ago. Daisy Grace is 17lbs9oz and in 3s from tesco/aldi/asda. But the pampers were massive on her. Shes a tall girl too at 78cm. So I dont know??? Xx

tapatalking

Odd, James isn't big at all but the nappies just feel small?

Maybe it's because he is so wriggly that it is harder for me to fasten them and it gives the illusion they are smaller?

I don't know!

xxxxxx

I find them small. Logan is 19lb 8oz and is currently in size 4+ but I defo feel he needs size 5 now x

My son is 21 months (today) and is in the last size 6 :( But he is quite chubby still

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Totally agree carnat compared to other brands find them tiny and a bad fit around legs etc x Ella's in size 4s x

Ella Faith 8/2/13 8lb 13.5 oz x

I find them quite small too. Max is 11 weeks and in size 3!! Xx

is it Active fit you are all talking about? or baby dry? or even simply dry? they might all be different.

we use baby dry at night, and active fit during the day. Freya is still wearing her 3's no problem at all. (although we use 4's during the night simply cause of the amount of piddle she does)

I do find the active fit a little short, they dont cover her belly button once they have been on a while and peed in.

This thread has made me realise that I'm putting my daughter in nappies that are too small for her - she's in size 3s and is 17lbs!

Last edited:
is it Active fit you are all talking about? or baby dry? or even simply dry? they might all be different.

we use baby dry at night, and active fit during the day. Freya is still wearing her 3's no problem at all. (although we use 4's during the night simply cause of the amount of piddle she does)

I do find the active fit a little short, they dont cover her belly button once they have been on a while and peed in.

We use the same - active fit in the day and baby dry at night :oooo:

This thread has made me realise that I'm putting my daughter in nappies that are too small for her - she's in size 3s and is 17lbs!

I wouldn't worry, if they fit well then weight doesn't matter all that much?? As long as bub is comfy and dry.

xxxx

Last edited:
Nat I have Jackson in a size 4 at night (pampers) and a size 3 little angels asda during the day, so I'd say that the pampers where deffo smaller on Jackson otherwise he would fit nicely in a 3 at night.

I found when I used huggies and pampers even the huggies were bigger!

I used pampers always in the early weeks and they suited being small because jackson was small but now that he is bigger I changed to the little angels for majority because I find they are better fitted.

Have you considered changing him or are you quite happy to up the size as needed ?

xxxxx

I used pampers in the early days and found them quite small fitting.. Although, I've found little angels nappies are a better fit on him, but he always seems to be in a size bigger according to the recommended weight.. He's just over 22lb and is in size 5s. Bought a pack of 5+ though, as size 5s are getting bit tight xx

We found pampers okay. W is in size 4s and can't see him being out them anytime soon. I'm a little angels convert now though... Wish I'd tried them sooner.xxx

Asda is the only supermarket that is nowhere near me!! Also I don't do online shopping with them.

I think my sister does so I may ask her to pick me up a few packs to try.

I have tried Sainsbury's own brand (OK) and Tesco's own brand (quite good)

xxxxxxx

I rate little angels they r fab. Im also going to try tge morrisons ones (they are the same brand as kiddicare) x

Ella Faith 8/2/13 8lb 13.5 oz x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back