Nappy rash!

stargirl

Reaction score
Help! Baby h is 6 days old today and poo's all the time. He does at least 6-8 a day and so now his poor little bottom is red and chapped looking. I'm really unsure as to what the best creams to use on new born bottoms. I know which creams work best on older children but am unsure if there are certain ones you can't use on newborn bums? Any advice? X

Sudocrem is good as a barrier cream, make sure you dry thorougly after a nappy change. Only use water and lots of nappy free time. I use Metanium on.DS1 if its bad but unsure about newborns

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I'd stick with a little bit of sudocrem and like knock says, lots of nappy free time to air his bottom. I used metanium on Harry when he was about a month old but wouldn't have used it any earlier. Hope he's better soon x

Thanks girls, just needed some reassurance about sudacrem wasn't sure if you could use it on newborns. I've been using bepanthen but it's not doing much. I always recommend matainum at work but I know he's a bit young for that yet. I'm hoping I've caught it before it turns into proper nappy rash! I've just changed his 5th dirty nappy of the day! X

Jack was like that, every nappy was soiled for a week or so. Harry's always been a morning and evening man lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back