Nappies - best reusables

coco_cukoo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is considering using real nappies for their baby/or have used them with other babies?

I'm definitely looking into it, love the fact they are eco & cost friendly and come in a range of groovy styles :) might use disposable just until the cord falls off as I don't want it to get irritated...or before the runny poo ends!

Any advice on what the best ones are would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Coco xx

I'm with you on this, only I am SO confused about all the different types that I am of no help at all. I've concluded that we'll start off with a smaller collection of different types, and work out what suits baby best before buying more. We'll also start with a few disposables at the beginning whilst we find our feet. There are lots of places that do nappy trials - have a look on Google.
x

Im planning on using littlelamb reuseable nappies, friend of mine used them and speaks very highly of them. She used disposables at first just while she got sorted and was helpful because of the cord etc but she says apart from using the odd few disposables when away for the day or something it has saved her a fortune.

Get as many different kinds as you can (preferably pre-loved) and try out different brands and types. Like disposables some will leak and others you won't like using so just try as many as you can. You can just sell them on after and then build up your stash with the ones that you know work for you and your lo and even treat yourself to some new ones! Www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk do a huge range of nappies :)

Little lamb nappies are brilliant for night time use and are pretty much bomb proof but can be a tad bulky during the day. Also, it's worth giving something like bambino mio a try even though they might seem a bit faffy at first they're actually really good!

We are going to use them too, we are doing disposables for a month and then we will be moving onto Funnibunz I think they are called, they are pocket nappies and I have had some amazing feedback with them so I will give em a go :) xx

EDIT: so they are actually called Fuzzibunz NOT funnibunz haha!!

Last edited:
Thanks girls! I was looking at dotty bots I think they are but a woman at the council said they are not great for leaks & tot bots were the others but so expensive! Ooh decisions! I will have a look at all your suggestions, so thank you!! :) xx

Also if you have spoken to the council I 'assume' you have got a money off voucher :) our council gives us forty squids if we use reusables towards the cost of course :)

xxx

I wish! No such thing at our council but is at every other council nearby, grrr lol xx

check out nappy services as well - there is one near me in London which is £12 a week and they drop off clean nappies and pick up dirty ones! Genius!

I'm definitely using them and think I'll get a trial pack to see how I go then decide which to buy. I'm going to buy a pack or 2 of disposable just to make life easier on days out and in case we get caught short before we buy enough reusables, but I'm all for using reusables as much as possible. Our council gives us nothing either! Grr

Just found a website called cleangreennappy.co.uk which gives money off for larger order... 20% off if you spend over 150 for example. Plus they price match

Thanks for that link :), I have just spent the las half hour looking at their site :) Don't know what it is when looking at Nappies I always get lost in them LMAO!!!

I started by getting a selection of preloved.... This meant i could work out what worked for us in what fitted lo. What i liked etc.... Also they were all up to full absorbing and then i got more of what i liked (itti's !!!) but had fall backs too as one seem to go through phases of fitting as he grows x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

No idea on the best ones, but we went to the Baby Show in London last weekend and there were a few stands with different eco ones. We went with BabaMe (I think that is the name!) - they had different types of nappies: 1 for the eco warrior, 1 for the parents who want to use eco friendly nappies, but may need disposables as well etc.

We went with the "Flip" option.

I have just checked my local council website and they provide a free three week trial of different barnds of disposable nappies.... looks like such a good idea when trying to establish which are best! xx

I've got a stash of preloved ones and ATM can't tell you which are best-but I think it differs to what you will work best with. I'm excited about using them. I bought mine from eBay-and already have saved so much! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back