Names you thought of..

firstfreakout

Reaction score
When you were little/a teenager.

Just wondering how much people's opinions on names has changed over the years. We all sit there wondering what our future children will be called, and come up with names we like and swear we'll name our children that!

How much has your mind changed since then?

For example, I always thought I'd have a boy called James and a girl called Brooke.
My OH's name is James and he hates it, so we called our DS Logan James, and if we have a girl we're pretty set on Lily/Lillian.

I think the names I used to like no longer apply as I never imagined I’d marry into the surname that I did! My maiden name was a very common English name that basically goes with everything. My married name is quite a mouthful and a very obviously Spanish name. So a lot of my opinions have changed for those reasons

When I was little I lived around the corner from a girl called Emilia and always loved her name and still loved it aged 25 when I had my daughter

I watched the tudors on bbc aged 17/18 and fell in love with the name Henry. This year aged 29 I had my second and wanted Henry for a boy but had a girl

General opinions did change though, I loved lily but a friend called her dog lily. The dog died years ago but I still don't like it for a person anymore.

Last edited:
I really loved the name madison. When pregnant with my 2nd child I considered Addison but we never used it

I decided on Cameron for a boy when I was 17! I was 30 when he was born and stuck with it :)

I always wanted triplets called summer, Stephanie and felicity!

I met a little girl named Winter when I was 18 and thought it was the best name ever. Swore I would name any future daughter Winter. Still haven't changed my mind! Lucky hubby loves it too.

Now, when I was 13/14, I swore I would name any future daughter Star or Sparkle... but that changed hahaha

I've never been super drawn to any boy names so lucky I'm not having a boy lol

I never wanted kids when I was younger, even up until about 5 years ago.
But my husband has had a boys name he loved since he was a teen, and thats what were calling our boy :D

Lydia is the name I had chosen for a girl when I was younger. Never had boys names picked out as I always presumed I'd have girls like my mum... I had 2 boys haha

I've gone off Lydia now so it's back to the drawing board! Xx

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

All my dolls were called 'Lucy'
Its safe to say i have definitely changed my mind now and i no longer am a fan of Lucy. (no offence to anyone called Lucy)
I didn't have any names for a boy.

Last edited:
As a teenager I wanted names like - Skye (my sisters name now haha she's 7), River, Tia, Angel. God no not now. (no offense to anyone). My daughter is called Scarlett.
Never gave much thought to boys. My son is Lucas, hubby's choice I wanted Finley but he didn't want it. We was set on Cody when I got pregnant the first time, but had a MC and then my cousin took the name... So couldn't have it for future.

I remember as a teenager really liking the names Chloe and Dominic and Joshua ... come to think of it, I still do like those names...

I was always adamant I'd have twin girls called Alba and Indie. I have 2 boys lol. Currently have another baby on the way but my partner totally hates both names if we have a girl. Now my imaginary twin girls would be Sophia and Isabella (he hates both of those too :( ) xx

I have gone through SO many stages of name choices throughout my life. Names are one of my autistic passions :)

I had favourite names set in stone until I met D and then had to change them as our surname has an ‘s’ sound in the middle so that ruled out a lot of pretty names for us!

No Seraphina or Hester for us!

How funny, my daughter is called Brooke Lily!

To be fair they are pretty similar I always loved Welsh names and older name so ones popular in the 40s and this was before my love of history. They have changed over the years from meeting people with the name who were just awful people so I didn't want to name my children after them nd have to be reminded of them but I love out choices just need to agree in another boys name so we have 2 picked out for girl and only one for a boy at the moment.
Our girls are Evelyn Grace
Lilly Elizabeth
Our boy is Frank Owien

I always loved the name Anastasia ever since I learned it meant 'resurrection'. I have a shorter name and zero to no nickname options so I wanted my daughter one day to get lots of choices. Been with my hubbie since we were teens and we've always agreed on that name, so naturally I when I became pregnant I was expecting a girl. But nope, it's a boy! So John the III it is xD (My husband is John JR, his dad was John SR, so Tradition > new boy's name for us)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back