Names similar to Isla but less popular!

Bellef

Reaction score
Isla has been my favourite name for years and years... unfortunately it now seems to be everyone's favourite name now! I really want to avoid a popular name if possible, as I don't want my little girl to be one of 4 or 5 in her class with the same name, but I am struggling to find anything I like as much as Isla. I have searched the internet, downloaded apps and read baby name books but nothing comes close.

Has anyone any suggestions? Our surname is long so it really needs to be quite a short name.

Inspiration would be fab!

We are the same trying to get away from anything too popular (ie top 10)

How about:
Layla
Rose
Evie
Ivy
Orla
Hollie
Allie
Luna

Xxx

Isla is a lovely name but yes getting quite popular. Other suggestions..

Iona
Ayla
Lyla
Maya
Aria
Iris
Aoife (eefa)
Ivy
Etta
Inis
Ilena
Indi/India
Ezra

I'll add anymore if I think of some :) xx

Last edited:
I really like Skyla. Saw some little girl on a programme once with that name and I always remember it x

I've just found out I'm having a boy but I had Ida on my girls list.

I think it's popular yet not very common and sounds a bit like Isla.

Xxx

In one of the baby groups I take my daughter to there's an Alma. I love it. Old fashioned but very unique these days.

Thanks everyone, some lovely names to consider. I am tempted to just go with Isla rather than try and force myself to like another name and then regret it further down the line but we shall see if anything else grows on us!

Esla is a nice alternative :) Also Mila was on my list for girls (but I had a boy instead!) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back