Names are hard

Geekachublog

Reaction score
Hubby and I sat down to make a list of 5 girls and 5 boys names, I've always known since I was a teen what I wanted to call a little girl, but OH not so keen.

I made a suitable list of 5 of each and OH didn't write down a single one, of either, then complains when he doesn't like any of my suggestions

This is gonna be really hard work.
I know if I have a boy I want Thomas as the middle name after my dad, I like for a boy:

Rueben (my favourite name but our surname is Richards so its a complete no go)
Oliver
Joseph
Samuel
Isaac

But I also like hippyish sounding names too.

For a girl I'm already struck on Freya Lily, I've wanted this name for as long as I can remember, OH initially said no, but he will lose if he can't make any other suggestions (although, I probably won't budge on this)

Anyone have any thoughts? Any other ideas for nice boys names?

After looking through the list of top 100 on Bounty, I only liked the ones listed above.

I'm sure he'll come round to something before baby arrives - there's plenty of time. My OH was the same at first, said no to everything I suggested but didn't really have any suggestions of his own to make. He came round to one of my girl's names eventually and now he loves it and has told me that's what we're definitely calling her, so you will get there.

I think Freya Lily is lovely. Love Lily and was on my short list. Also my DS is named Samuel Oliver so I obviously love both these names. I love Isaac too.

Good luck with choosing xx

Freya lily is lovely, such a pretty name. I love Oliver and Joseph for a boy too! Xxx

Dont worry about your oh, keep decided on that name in your head, stop asking him as he cant offer anything. My husband was/ is the same , he doesn't like my names now, but as he can offer nothing else , we default to me and mine, ive chozen every name snd middle name for my 4 !!
Love issac by the way , freta lily sounds perfect, your boys names are a little popular for my choices but all good names

Rueben richards sounds fine to me, im a j jones and so is my oh!!

I like rueben richards too I think it goes well., ive found it so difficult choising names we still cant decide

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back