Nails...

EmiLou123

Reaction score
I'm having real issues trimming lo's nails... I've got 2 sets of really tiny clippers, tried both! When he's awake, when he's asleep, after a bath, after a nappy change... I get the clippers as far as his nail and freeze and have a mini panic attack every time! I've filed his nails a few times but this is unsatisfactory, especially when they start to grow back... Heeeellllpppp! Xxx

tapatalking x

Best advice I can give is to bite them yourself, I know it sounds strange but that's what I have done with all three of mine after cutting my first! It's much easier to feel the difference from nail and skin with your mouth till they are bigger xxx lots of my other mummy friends do this too x hope it helps x

I bite them too. My hv told me off for it but I can't do them any other way!

I got a pair of baby scissors from Tescos. When she was teeny I cut them when she was asleep. Now she's 4 months I put a cartoon on, sit her on my lap and cut them.

I got my mil to do Chloe's while she was asleep....I'm such a wimp! X

I bite them too, I can't seem to get the sharp edges with scissors or clippers. I just hope biting doesn't affect her nails in the future...!

Thanks for your replies!

Nail biting is one of my pet hates. I always moan at my boyf for doing that! Ha, guess I will have to find someone to do it for me xxx

tapatalking x

I put her coat on her and distract her as it kinda limits her movement a little bit! I can't do her toes though, I just get booted!xx

I find scissors a lot better than clippers, everytime I tried to use the clippers I chickened out, but find with scissors you have a lot more control.

Aaron needs his cut every couple of days they are like knives!

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

I haven't needed to do toes yet, they don't seem to grow! But yes, fingers need doing daily pretty much! He keeps scratching his face with the sharp bits :-( x

tapatalking x

God tweets I thought Jackson's grew quick needing them done every week lol! It's weird J's nails need done every week but I've only needed to do his toes twice since birth.. Do arrons toenails grow quick?

I use the small clippers I do it when he's asleep but I don't mind them.

My mum used to bite ours. I couldn't stomache it I hate nail biting xxxx

I hate nail biting too, so haven't done that! I'm lucky that Ethan is happy to sit on my lap and watch me cut his nails with baby clippers xx

Jealous that he sits still for you! Luca moves his hands around all the time, even when he's asleep! I think I'm just a wuss though but am petrified of nipping his skin! X

tapatalking x

Im a weirdo. Im a nail technician with a phobia of cutting my babies nails. So I solve that by sending her to grannys house to have her nails trimmed. They need doing every week too. Im too scared. I hate nail biting with a passion so its out. Yuck. X

tapatalking

It's such a delicate operation! At least with adults you can ask them to sit still and they usually will lol but babies... no chance! X

tapatalking x

I just use the nail clippers and hold his finger tightly, then position the nail clippers and only clip when im sure the position is right! Never once caught him and I do him every 3 days or so. Am sure one day I will catch him but it would all be quickly forgotten I'm sure!

I'm used to clipping dog and cat nails though! They are more difficult!

I cant use baby scissors or nail clippers, I have to use proper nail scissors.

I have a pair from boots and I do AJ's and Sophie's. I've never hurt them yet despite using 'adult' nail scissors.

Sophie's nails need done every few days and her toe nails grow weird (they kind of bend???!) so I need the sharp ones to do them.

Aaron's toenails grow quite quick too and at weird angles! Dunno I that's a DS thig, and they are thick too like talons!

I hate nail biting but would have done it if I could .. But I have a massive overbite and two crowns for front teeth so its near impossible! :lol:

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

I managed to do J's fingers when he got out the bath and was feeding him yest with no problem. Yes, I am a show off lolol :p jk!

LOL tweets, OH calls his toenails tallons! Hmm, its odd that J's wee toenails don't grow as fast!

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back