Mystery voicemail from doctor..

KateK

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm not overly concerned just yet but I am so impatient and can't stop thinking about it.. I got a voicemail at 5:40 this eve (didn't even ring, no signal, grr!) from my GP, it wasn't a receptionist it was one of the doctors. I had bloods taken only yesterday morning - surely they couldn't have had results processed that quickly? I had my liver function tested because of itching and also my iron levels so if it is my bloods I'm either anaemic or have OC.. In your experience in what circusmstance would the GP call you directly? My gut is saying they'd only ring if it were relatively urgent? x

What did they say on voicemail? I would say that if it were only yesterday, it might be the case that something has come back a little high or low. Sucks that they rang so late so you can't find out now until tomorrow :( call first thing and ask for a doctor to call back to discuss xx

Yeah odd one.. Hmm, more intrigued than anything! Just the GP asking me to call the surgery in the morning, didn't elaborate at all.. Can't think of anything else they could be calling for. Hope you're ok by the way saw there's a bit of excitement going on on our thread! Hope things calm down soon xx

Oh it's so annoying when your phone does that!! I hope everything is ok..I'm sure like Laura said something might just be slightly up or down although I wish they wouldn't ring so late..it's bloody typical! I've got to go to triage in the morning to get some blood results back..they are checking for pre eclampsia because my blood count is low and blood pressure is high so might have to be induced although I am in early labour! Let us know how you get on xx

My oc results came back the day after my blood was taken all was fine but they called me anyway x hopefully it's the same for you x

That's reassuring! It would be nice if they'd mentioned there was nothing to worry about in the voicemail though if that's the case!

I got a bit frantic when I was waiting for liver function blood test results the other week because the GP rang the landline and I wasn't in. The next day, my mum was like "oh.. I forgot to say doctor called yesterday about your blood tests" I was like WHAT. It was fine though lol xx

Yes it does seem that they sometimes delight in causing mild panic lol.

Haha thanks Ery that's reassuring.. mystery shall be solved by 9 so i'll let you all know! Amy i've been watching your thread - wishing you all the luck and I hooe you get the delivery you wanted!! Come on little baby hurry up! xx

Just a bit anaemic (which I suspected anyway as I feel awful!) Thanks ladies xx

Glad it's nothing more serious! I had slight anaemia on my test too, got prescribed iron tablets but I hate them so I don't actually take them that much... naughty mummy... did they give you anything? xx

No she was quite chilled about it and is happy to see if I can improve it myself through diet and taking my preggo vits (had stopped them a while back..) Was pleased with that as i'd heard horrid things about the iron tablets! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back