My waters have just broken!!

lottietat

Reaction score
Aaaaah! I knew this would happen, a Christmas baby!! No pains yet, but lots of liquid!

Spoken to triage and they say just carry on as normal!!! Each time I try and get back in bed, I get soaked!! I don't know how much fluid to expect, I know I have a lot which is why I am booked in for an induction on my due date next Thursday, but won't be needing that slot now!!

Suddenly I have forgotten what to do!!

Oh well, will hopefully have a baby for Christmas!!

Yeh!
xxx

UPDATE: 28th Dec - just to let you know, I finally had baby Samuel George (Sam) at 2.45am yesterday morning. I was induced after my waters had broken and didn't go in to labour naturally. Birth story to follow.

Last edited:
Ah lottie, how exciting! Hope you're ok hun :hug: Just play it by ear and see how you feel! Eeee!:love: x

Thanks, want to go back to sleep, but got so wet, just won't have enough towels etc to keep me dry. Just sat playing games on Facebook. Don't know if to have a shower now and de-fluff as was expecting to get to my induction date next Thursday!

My midwife told me that if things start happening during the night then to keep active as hormones are at their highest. Go back to sleep and risk thinks trailing off. But it's whatever you feel you need Hun. Sleep if you need to. Now that waters have broken, you wouldn't be left longer then 48 hours?xx

Thanks Lulabell, I should keep active, just need the waters to slow down a bit and then I can remain active!!

Wow you sound like me. I was booked in for an induction on the 12th was due to too much water. Was due on the 16th. Lost my plug and gave birth 3days later on the 7th. I had So much water that my waters broke during labour then the mw had to break the water around leos head when I was fully dialated Lol my oh also said They filled a whole bin with the absorbant sheet things they use Lol xxx

Thanks NikNaks, it's just the not knowing how much fluid to expect. I think I have lost quite a bit, and as I am sat at the computer, baby is probably blocking the release of more, but if I stand up, it comes out! I don't know if I should just let it come out or should I keep still????

Awwwww good luck let's hope things get moving for you soon.

Good luck!!! My waters were like a tidal wave lol!! Xx

Ooo fingers crossed this is it!!

Think the best thing to do is try and keep active hunni, will be keeping an eye out xxx

Ooooo GL. I hope things get moving for you quick then. Here's to a lovely Xmas baby.

Thanks for your good wishes. No contractions as such yet, so the community midwife will be coming out to me today. Told me just to chill and drink & eat lots and if anything changes to call back.

Not sure how long it will take before anything starts. Good job I am organised for Christmas!!

Oohhh... How exciting!! Good luck! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back