My veins are really prominent! Is this normal?

Julia

Reaction score
I got undressed this evening to have a bath and noticed that the veins in my arms and particularly my wrist were very prominent, looking like they were bulging out of my body! I tried to keep calm but it is difficult - which made them worse! The veins in my chest are also very big - is this usual or should I phone the midwife?

My veins in my boobs are really blue and they seem to have gone bigger, I don't think it's anything to worry about, it is probably just because your body is pumping extra blood round to support the baby.

Just ask on your next visit.

:D

Yep, totally normal hun!My boobs look like they have blue felt tip all over them, and i even have a vein in my wrist that I can see pulsating!!how nice :shock:

So don't worry :D
xx

Hiya Julia

I had prominent veins throughout my pregnancy and for a short time after. Allthough unsightly, they are totally normal. My boobs looked like a map of Great Britain!

Absolutely normal.

You have 50% more blood pumping around your system than normal, so you'd expect your veins to be a bit more prominent! Don't stress about it and don't cross your legs!

Yes, Im afraid this is normal. I have a blue top and I make the girls laugh at work as I reckon I only wear it to match the veins that are all over my arms, legs and chest!!!!!

I have had a lot of red broken veins as well - quite a few round my ankles - think its just part and parcel of pregnancy!!

L x

LOL.. I thought the same thing at first... wondering what was happening.. It is quite normal as we have more than half the amount more now in our body to support the baby. I looked at my belly one day and saw it completely covered in veins - ewwww... i thought, but at ;least we know our body is working right....

I have also gotton many broken capillaries on my arms and chest, which look like little bites, not very pretty. I asked my doctor about them and if they would go away and he said I would have to have a needle stuck inot them to release them.... ewww... (again) the though of it and i am sure that would not be cheap... ( moving on to the cosmetic work!!! )

Tineke

Rachael said:
Hiya Julia

I had prominent veins throughout my pregnancy and for a short time after. Allthough unsightly, they are totally normal. My boobs looked like a map of Great Britain!

I say that - my boobs look like a road map of the UK too - they have so many blue veins and purple stretch marks on them. It's all the extra blood flow hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back