My uterus feels hard, could I be pregnant?

juju1324

Reaction score
Long story short, I think I accidentally took out my Nuvaring 2-3 days early this past month, my period ended up coming later than usual. Besides that, nothing unusual about my period except my breasts didn't stop hurting after it came, when normally they do (they have stopped hurting by now). Also, for a week and a half or so AFTER my period, I was having extremely bad cramps, I also noticed some clear stretchy discharge (ovulation type). The cramps subsided and then a couple days later I noticed some very light brown stringy discharge when I wiped (TMI, sorry!) and a very, very little bit of pink.

Now I think my uterus is harder than before, and I can feel a knot-like thing too on the right side. I have heard about women feeling their uterus to see if it's hard and I have felt for it in the past, but I've never been able to find my uterus until now (I think it's my uterus??)

Also, this would be my third pregnancy, I have been pregnant twice before and both ended in miscarriages. My question is, do you think I am pregnant? Is the uterus ONLY hard and with knots during pregnancy? I have read about uterine fibroids and I don't think it's that. Also, is there ways of knowing for sure that it's my uterus I'm feeling, and not my bowels or something? (lol)

Thanks in advance ladies! :)

you shouldnt be able to feel your uterus! if you were pregnant it would only rise above your pubic bone at about 13 weeks, before that it is tucked down behind the bone..........:)

I heard that if it's not your first pregnancy your uterus expands quicker and you can end up feeling it sooner? Also, twins run in my family so I was thinking that (if I was pregnant) that c could be a possibility.

Thanks for your response though! Do you know of anything else that would cause a knot-like feeling and a harder feeling uterus?

Also, it's not very high up that I feel the knot/ridge thing, it's around 1-2 inches above where my pubic hair would end.

I think you're clutching at straws tbh.

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

I'd visit your doctor if you have a kind of lump thing in your abdomen..........sorry I can't help!

I am on my 5th pregnancy (2 live births, 2 losses) and I am almost 9 weeks and I still can't feel my uterus!

my last pregnancy i couldnt feel anything till 13 weeks so if i was you id go to docs x

Thanks Ladies!

I'm due for a pap soon, maybe I will schedule it earlier so that I can find out what's going on. But now that I think about it, I think my last period might have been lighter, I'm not for sure. Ever since I switched to Nuvaring my periods have been lighter so it's kind of hard to tell.

Also, I guess maybe the other symptoms do make me wonder as well. I've been getting terrible headaches, feel like I'm always hungry, extremely tired, etc. One of my friends swears I'm pregnant, maybe it's all just in my head though. ;) I guess we will see!

Oh and I forgot to mention, my gynecologist said that I have a tilted uterus, I'm not sure if that would make a difference?

Oh and I forgot to mention, my gynecologist said that I have a tilted uterus, I'm not sure if that would make a difference?

Nope, would make it less likely you'd be able to feel it.

Just do a test, no need to speculate then.
My third pregnancy was a twin pregnancy and I couldn't feel my uterus or any 'knotting' above my pubic bone.

Oh my gosh ladies. So tonight at work I had one of my coworkers feel my lower abdomen (she's had 3 kids) and she immediately said that it doesn't feel normal, that it's too hard to be normal and that I need to get a test. I was wondering how (if I was pregnant) I could feel my uterus this soon..then it hit me,

I just remembered that back in June I thought I could have been pregnant because I had spotting a week and a half before my period, then when my period was supposed to come it never did, and I had every pregnancy symptom in the book. I took a couple pregnancy tests and they were all negative, so I just assumed I wasn't pregnant, that it was Nuvaring messing with my body, and went on with life. Looking back, that was about 12-14 weeks ago. So...maybe I have actually been pregnant this whole time?! God, I hope so! Going to buy a test ASAP!

The only way of knowing for sure is testing ;) good luck x

David Victor JR. 21.40. - 19.05.'13 - 6lb 11oz /tapatalking

Well, I tested tonight and it was negative. What the heck is wrong with me then? I was honestly expecting a positive...and pretty bummed I didn't get one!

I've been Googling stuff (I'm a psycho, I know) and found something about something called a "hook effect." There's two different types, one type is when there is too much HCG in your urine and it doesn't register on a pregnancy test unless the urine has been diluted (rare.) And the other type is called "variant hook effect." It's when (past 5 weeks) your body starts producing a different variant of HCG, one that at-home early detection tests can't pick up (more common). Crazy right??

I'm wondering (and hoping) that's what's going on!
I plan on going to the clinic tomorrow after work though, maybe I will take another test in the morning.

Sorry but I think you're grasping at straws. Stay grounded and know that that is not the likely outcome otherwise you'll be even more disappointed. Sorry.

I have to agree with cosmic. I tested waaaaay past 5 weeks and still got positives x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back