My uncles dog just bit Lola

Lola's Mummy

Reaction score
My uncles dog has bitten Lola about 30 mins ago and i don't know what to do :(

He didn't break the skin so it didn't bleed and it doesn't seem to hurt her

Will it be ok ?

It looks ok...have you put any antuseptic cream or anything on it?...i'd give it a wash and stick some on...maybe you should phone NHS direct.Poor Lola :(

i would def ring someone and check hun or run her to a&e but she will be ok she will be up to date with all her injections so will be protected

Poor love
Is Lola ok? James niece was bitten by her dog a while back and she was a little shaken
Im sure the bite will heal ok, but yes id ring up for advice on what to do
And poor you too big hugs for you and Lola :hug: :hug:

Looks ok, just keep it clean. Was the dog alone with Lola? What breed..the tooth marks look pretty small.

If the skin is not broken she should be fine. If its broken then they usually give a tetanus injection at your GP's surgery, its not an A&E job. Same as if you cut yourself on glass or a rusty nail when outside somewhere. I think children can have a tetanus jab also, but thought it was now given as standard in one of the multi vaccinations when small.

I'd bathe the area in antiseptic is all.

I've had a few nips over the years (not the dog being aggressive, just grabbing the ball same time as me, that sort of thing) and the skin is not broken, just reddened, its ok.

What I am wondering is how the dog came to nip her on her foot like that? Something terrier sized I am thinking as the bite spread is not large. Many dogs nip and don't break the skin, and often they are not attacking a person, its accidental. I won't judge your uncles dog as I don't know the circumstances.

I don't think the bite will cause any lasting damage, but I'd seek medical advice anyway if I were you, just to be on the safe side.

In regards to the incident in the first place, well you can't trust dogs around children, regardless of the breed, but I guess you've kinda figured that now anyway so I'm gonna shut up.

She has been to see my GP and he said it's nothing to worry about.

The dog is a jack russell.

My auntie was carrying her, The dog was excited and jumped up at her an nipped her foot :( . I think he just wanted to see what was going on.

They are really upset and said they will have him put down if i want them to :cry:

She has been to see my GP and he said it's nothing to worry about.

The dog is a jack russell.

My auntie was carrying her, The dog was excited and jumped up at her an nipped her foot :( . I think he just wanted to see what was going on.

They are really upset and said they will have him put down if i want them to :cry:

aye jack russells have a tendency to be nippy.

oh no how awful. im glad she is ok though

i personally wouldnt get my dog put down for an axcidental nip. it doesnt seem this dog done it out of aggression. just curiosity.

but of course the choice is yours.

maby asking them to keep the dog WELL away from her when she is there. so that he never gets to be within reaching distance of her.

Glad to hear your GP didn't think it was anything to worry about. I thought that would be the case.

I don't think the dog needs to be destroyed.

It's not a bite, its a nip, skin was not broken and it sounds like the dog was simply excited and given that your LO was being carried, the dog I don't think was being aggressive and attacking. Cats scratch kids and they can cause nasty wounds with their claws, but we don't destroy them for doing so. Infection can be passed on from claws. A dig nipping is not a dog biting and infection cannot really be passed on if no skin was broken. I think you have to consider the dogs past behaviour, her owners and how responsible they are and so on and take into account all aspects here.

I think it would be a good compromise to ensure that in future the dog is kept in check in those situations. I'd certainly not be expecting or wanting them to destroy their dog when they can at least take extra precautions in future. Does not sound from what you have said like the dog has been aggressive in the past.

In the eyes of the law, I don't think the police would see the dog as having attacked your LO. Its certainly not a put down offence nor will she be considered a dangerous dog.

i agree with you sherlock.

i do see that this must be very distressing for you though hun :hug:

aww, poor lola! hope shes ok. i cant advise as dont really kno anything about dog bites. i dont think the dog should be put down, from what u said it wasnt aggressive and didnt mean to hurt her. but dogs should be kept well away from children i think as accidents do happen!

Jack russells are nippy and hypo by nature, i owned 6 when I was younger and yiu do have to be careful of them round kids as they tend to play and get a bit rough, ie jumping and nipping.

Im glad shes ok though and lks like no long term damage has been done.

Thanks for all the advice :hug:

I have told my uncle i don't want the dog to be put down as i do think it was axcidental and he has never been aggressive in the past.

I have said i don't want him anywhere near Lola or any other small children again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back