My TTC journey .. testing commences!

Natalie8964

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I thought I'd move into this part of the forum. I have a TTC journal which has been on the go for almost a year now.. god that sounds crazy. I fell pregnant after 2 cycles of ttc in december 2018. Unfortunately the pregnancy ended on 19th February 2019, we had a missed miscarriage and so found out at the 12 week scan hadn't grown since about 7 weeks. We had a scan done at privately and saw a heartbeat which put us at 7 weeks, so baby died shortly after that. This has really put me off having an early scan in future.

I opted for medical management which in hindsight I wish I hadn't. It didnt work and basically I bled and continued to have positive tests for 2 months. I was messed about and left for this length of time when really I should have had surgery to sort it out.

Since then we have not fallen pregnant. We have seen a consultant privately and he said there could be damage to my uterus as a result of the long and drawn out miscarriage.

So I had an ultrasound on 30th December to check my ovaries. She told me I'd ovulated from my right ovary and she could see the collapsed follicle.

My period arrived today, a long 33 day cycle! So tomorrow I will have bloods taken for FSH/LH and AMH.

On Thursday I have a hysteroscopy, and then lastly I'll have a HSG done in Februarys cycle. I need to have swabs taken before that one to rule out infection.

Hubby will also do a SA at some point this month, which hes dreading but I've tried to make light of it and remind him of my 3 invasive vaginal examinations!

This journal will be positive and upbeat. I'm just waiting for my baby. I know it's coming, and I'm ready for it. I've been through the self hating, angry, depressed time. I've come out of the other side and accept that I am healthy, young (30) and i fell pregnant quickly before. There isn't a reason it cant happen again. Thanks for reading, and baby dust to everyone, may 2020 bring us miracles <3

I read your whole other journal, I'm sorry to hear your journey has been so long and enduring. Hoping these tests go quick and easy for you! We are in a similar situation with our testing, I'll have the HSG scheduled after OH's SA so I'll be following you closely. Best of luck and all the baby dust!

I read your whole other journal, I'm sorry to hear your journey has been so long and enduring. Hoping these tests go quick and easy for you! We are in a similar situation with our testing, I'll have the HSG scheduled after OH's SA so I'll be following you closely. Best of luck and all the baby dust!
Oh thank you for taking the time! That's interesting to have someone going through it at the same time, wonder if we have similar experiences! It feels like this past year has lasted for a lifetime. But I'm glad weve been proactive and things are going in the right direction!

I really hope 2020 is your year darling. You deserve this sooooo much <3
I will be rooting for you the whole way xxxxx

I'm happy you've dug yourself out of that negative cycle! Hope you won't even need IVF and fall pregnant again naturally! Will follow your journey as always!:hug:

Thank you ladies!

I've had a call from my doctors surgery about my ultrasound. They said the result was 'borderline' but that the consultant has said there is no need for a repeat scan and the findings will be discussed when we have our appointment with him after testing is finished. Do you think I should be worried? As far as I'm aware it was to check my ovaries, and the woman said I'd ovulated, so I've no idea what borderline could mean?!

Thank you ladies!

I've had a call from my doctors surgery about my ultrasound. They said the result was 'borderline' but that the consultant has said there is no need for a repeat scan and the findings will be discussed when we have our appointment with him after testing is finished. Do you think I should be worried? As far as I'm aware it was to check my ovaries, and the woman said I'd ovulated, so I've no idea what borderline could mean?!
What result was borderline? I don't understand what they mean about that? When is your appointment?

What result was borderline? I don't understand what they mean about that? When is your appointment?
I literally have no idea! It's just what the receptionist told me. They shouldn't be allowed to say things like that. I have requested a call from the doctor, which they cant do until Thursday!! Argh. Our appointment with the consultant is in February x

I literally have no idea! It's just what the receptionist told me. They shouldn't be allowed to say things like that. I have requested a call from the doctor, which they cant do until Thursday!! Argh. Our appointment with the consultant is in February x
No they shouldn't say things like that! I hate it when they feel like they are helping but they are making us worry more! At least Thursday isn't that far off!x

So my hysteroscopy was supposed to be today but has now been pushed back to next Thursday. Staffing issues apparently!

My bloods are done though, hubby has also done his SA.

I got a call back from the doctor about my ultrasound. She explained my right ovary was slightly enlarged and there was a little free fluid. However this is probably normal given that I'd ovulated from my right ovary. So nothing to worry about seemingly!

Hysteroscopy - done and dusted!

It was no where near as bad as I thought! The ladies were amazing, it was over and done with in under 5 minutes. She told me everything looks perfectly fine! Buzzing!

Thank you so much ladies! This is very positive for me as I was concerned the long miscarriage had damaged my uterus in some way. Just my HsG left now!

So I'm having a little brown spotting. Can I have sex? There is conflicting information online.. im in my fertile window just now so im keen to take advantage if I can! :rotfl:

Thank you so much ladies! This is very positive for me as I was concerned the long miscarriage had damaged my uterus in some way. Just my HsG left now!

So I'm having a little brown spotting. Can I have sex? There is conflicting information online.. im in my fertile window just now so im keen to take advantage if I can! :rotfl:
I don’t see why you can’t. Go for it if your in your window x

Not bad thank you babe, I still don’t actually believe it. I have an early scan on Sunday so praying there is a heartbeat xx
Well start believing lovely! I've just read through the September mums thread and saw your other post about your worries too. I totally get it. However, please please just try to change your mindset - you are having a baby, a healthy little baby that's growing in your tummy. And its gonna be amazing! I so wish I had enjoyed my pregnancy last time, I was so negative, and that didnt make things easier for me when I discovered the miscarriage. I just felt guilty for not enjoying every single moment of being pregnant. You've waited so long and you're allowed to acknowledge your anxieties, but at the same time, try to remain positive. Negative feeling achieve nothing and just make us miserable! I'm so excited for an update from you! Try and relax, go for a walk in the fresh air, meditate, read a book. You got this mama :) xx

Well start believing lovely! I've just read through the September mums thread and saw your other post about your worries too. I totally get it. However, please please just try to change your mindset - you are having a baby, a healthy little baby that's growing in your tummy. And its gonna be amazing! I so wish I had enjoyed my pregnancy last time, I was so negative, and that didnt make things easier for me when I discovered the miscarriage. I just felt guilty for not enjoying every single moment of being pregnant. You've waited so long and you're allowed to acknowledge your anxieties, but at the same time, try to remain positive. Negative feeling achieve nothing and just make us miserable! I'm so excited for an update from you! Try and relax, go for a walk in the fresh air, meditate, read a book. You got this mama :) xx
Natalie, thank you so much for those words - I really needed that. I am so bad at taking advice but I would be saying exactly the same to you. I appreciate it <3
I hope you are well darling, I hope you get your dream so soon xxxx

Natalie, thank you so much for those words - I really needed that. I am so bad at taking advice but I would be saying exactly the same to you. I appreciate it <3
I hope you are well darling, I hope you get your dream so soon xxxx
Yeah, you are so good at being supportive and giving advice to other ladies. Now it's your turn to take it! Lol. I'm really good, feel so much better knowing my uterus is good. Still have some results to go but feeling good. I've just had my acupuncture, I was falling asleep on the table! It was so relaxing. So I've come home and having a lie down under the blanket, dont judge :rotfl: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back