My toddler is scared of the bath?

Flossy82

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me all of a sudden my little boy seems to afraid of the bath he screams horribly when i have tried to put him in there and when he is in the bath he continues screaming so much to the extent that it makes him sick and i cant think of any reasons why all of a sudden he is doing this because he always use to like his bathtimes and it gets me upset to see him like this because i cant think of what i can try and do to help him for the best?
Can anyone help me on this im not sure what else to do? :cry:

Seren was upset at bath times, we now have herbin the bath with us and she seems much calmer

I was also going to suggest having a bath with him.

Does he like cars? My son loves taking cars in the bath and playing with them around the edges.
He also loves te crayola bath crayons....you draw on the sides of the bath and it wipes off... they're great!

edit : also...how about when you get him in the bath you don't actually wash him....for a few times at least (if you can bear it) loads of kids hate having their hair washed so maybe if you miss out that bit for a few baths he'll learn to like them without getting worried about the shampoo bit.

Hi

I would do the bath checklist. Make sure the water is the right temperature and that you are not in any draughts -(is that spelt right?). Isaac is really fussy about the way I hold him so I use his bath support so I know he is comfortable. Isaac also used to cry a little so now I wash his hair last and it has helped because I think having wet/damp hair at bathtime made him feel cold and fed up!

Lou :)

urchin said:
He also loves te crayola bath crayons....you draw on the sides of the bath and it wipes off... they're great!

They sound fab, I want some for me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back