My thoughts on OvuSense

Salley

Reaction score
This is purely my own opinion on the gadget, but I have to say I feel like I wasted $50 buying this device. And paying $50 was a deal! I know other ladies have been using it and like it, but there's just a few things that don't bode well with me.

1. OvuSense is, at best, a glorified basal thermometer. I do presume it takes more accurate temperatures because it's coming from your core temperature instead of just an oral temperature but I can't be certain of that because I've had higher oral temps than OvuSense temps a few times this cycle.

2. It's messy and imo a little unsanitary. So you insert the OvuSense gadget at night and take it out in the morning, to which you have a certain degree of cm on the device making it slippery. Personally I connect the device and put it into its case and clean it at night before inserting it again; which brings me to my third point.

3. Once OvuSense is removed you then have to plug a "landing pad" into your phone, hover the gadget over the landing pad a connect to upload your temperature. For me, this is too involved of a process when I'm just waking up. I find it far easier to lazily put a thermometer in my mouth and plug in temperature manually to FF.

4. OvuSense is difficult to remove. Every morning I struggle to remove the device, I'm terribly concerned about breaking it. This could be an overly cautious concern, but the tail is not very thick and stretches very thin so I actually use my muscles down there to push it out--which is not fun when you have to pee. Maybe it would work out better to just get up and pee before removing the device.

That's just my take on it. As I said, I do know ladies are using it and have little to no complaints about it, but I have given up on it and rely on my basal thermometer at this point. Just to compare I'll post my charts for comparison if anyone's curious. I just wanted to share my own experience with the device in case there are ladies out there thinking of paying full price for this device.

I've also recently been made aware of the Ava Bracelet, which runs for $200 out of the U.S. and I'm a bit curious about it but reluctant to spend more money on these gadgets when I have a fairly cheap basal thermometer and the FF app which does a wonderful job of catching my O day.

Last edited:
Temperature from FF and Ovusense

08f55436583c027ba6c2bb7592513cc8.png

2830e7ef14d0520925d59b6c0f04ead9.png

Salley thank you for your opinion. As my doc says stay away from every gadget and let the nature do its job. Glad you did not buy it at a full price.

Gadgets are useless. They don't tell if actually egg was released.

My doc says we should focus more on fasionate sex on holiday and forget about basal thermometer and opks.

As of bracelet I'd use that money to go on holiday sweety :hug:

xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27