My story so far!

Lindsay

Reaction score
Hello to everyone who is ttc .....

I have been trying for 14 months to no avail. I thought that it was going to be so easy - my mum has 4 children and fell pg every time she tried so I thought that I would be the same.

For the first 6 months, I was obsessed. It didn't help that I had just got married and everyone was asking when we were going to start for a family. I bought books and read up on them, bough ovulation sticks and peed on them, changed my diet, everything, but nothing worked. It was last christams that DH said that we should relax a little and see whether it would be best if we didn't try as hard - still nothing happened!

I haven't bough any more ovulation sticks (I spent a fortune on them!) but I kinda know when I am likely to ovulate so try a little harder around that time.

Once it reached the 12 month stage, I visited my gp and told him my sad little story - he was great, really understanding and told me that he would refer me to the nurse to have blood tests. I had my first test booked in - as I calculated my cycle - well this is when it went wrong, my cycle which had been 33 days forever, now decided to change to 21! I had to cancel the test and re-calculate my cycles. My cycle is now between 30-33 days.

After talking to DH we agreed that I should wait until we had been on holiday and then I should go back to the doctors. We had a fab 2 weeks away in the sun, we relaxed and laughed and had loads of fun. It was exactly what we both needed.

Well we got home last Saturday, af arrived last Sunday!!! so first thing Monday morning, I was on the phone to the GP surgery making my 5 day blood test appointment. I went on Thursday for the test and had a chat to the nurse (who herself has also been trying since December). I have got my 21 day test booked in on 30th September and will get the results the week after, which I am really really scared about. The nurse was great though, she said that the worst that can happen is that I will be referred to the hospital whose job it is to make me pg. I suppose I shouldn't worry until I know what is happening.

So for anyone else who is in the same boat as me, my heart goes out to you. It's great to have this forum, to be able to speak to others who know what you are going through.

Baby Dust to you all Xxxxx

hi hun i know its easy for me to say but try not to be scared remember there is always someone on here you can talk to about anything i have found this forum a great help in all my situations everyone is very friendly and helpful sometimes i dont know how id have managed without this forum lol
good luck with everything hun big hugs and stay strong :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Orrr thankyou for your kind message. It is great to know that there are people to talk to about things, especially who know the emotions that you are going through. I am going to try not to think about the worst, until I know for sure it is bad news!!!

Thanks again xxx

Welcome Lindsay!! Like Rach has said, everyone on here is so nice and helpful, it's like a big comfort blanket!!
Good luck with your tests and results, we are all here for you, whatever the results may be.
Love and Hugs, Sam xx

Hello Sam

What a great way to look at it, a 'comfort blanket' makes me feel better already!!

We have arranged a weekend away the weekend when I get the results. We can either enjoy the weekend knowing that I can conceive or go away and hide from everything if there is a problem!!!!

My DH is running in the Great North run today - I am going to look out for him on the television and feel tired watching them!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and good luck for next weekend when you can start testing :)

Xxx

Hi Lindsay

I was wondering how you was getting on with your check up. I remember you mentioning it a while back then you cancelled and went away on holiday.

Good luck - i'll be thinking of you on 30th. As the nurse said... if the worst come to the worst the hospital will step in and do their job... till then try not to worry too much (why did i just say that! I know it's impossible) anyway look after yourself... i hope you get a good result.

Will you cme back on and let us all know how you got on.

Glad to hear from you

Best of luck to you Lindsay let us know how u get on .Lorrie xxxx

Hiya Lindsay,
That's a really good idea to book a weekend away when your results are due.
I missed the great north run as I was at a christening. (Made me feel a bit sad :( ) Hope your DH did well. Did you spot him on the T.V.?

I am absolutely bursting to test this weekend. On Sunday at the Christening I had a glass of champagne, I got a quarter of the way down and got heartburn!!! I've never had this in my life! Also, I've been having mild af like pains for a week now. I'm trying not to pin all my hopes on these 'symptoms???' . . . but I am :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good Luck again and let us know.

Hugs, Sam xx

Hello Lindsay and Welcome...

Good luck with all your tests.. I know a bit about being "in limbo" as I am being investigated for recurrent miscarriages.. all these tests and chats with doctors seem very promising and then results are inconclusive..

Then I get carried away with all the other stuff I find on the internet or read about or stuff I am told so I feel like I am going round in circles while I wait... and there's no guarantee they will find anything wrong in the first place.. so all I would suggest is relax, enjoy the practising and whatever happens there are plenty of experts out there to help and others who are in similar predicaments to lean on if you need us...

take care
:)

Thankyou all for your kind messages

Well I have just found out that my dh cousin gave birth to a healthy baby boy this afternoon (I am really jealous :( ) I was all full of spirits on the phone and asked all the right questions but inside I felt really miserable.

Hayley - It was great to hear from you again. Can you believe that we are still here in the ttc forum while the others have moved on - it's not fair is it? I wonder how Rachel is doing, I am sure that she said that she gor a BFP but then hasn't been on again. has your dh forgiven you for the red wine incident, that really made me smile. It is so something that would have happened to me!!

Sam - I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you to get your BFP. It sounds like something could be happening doesn't it?! Only 6 more days to wait - although for you it will feel like an eternity away!! My dh ran it in 2hours and 3 mins, I was really proud of him and yeah I saw him cross the finish line. He was only on the screen for a split second. My mum and I both shreaked out when we saw him!!! My brother ran it with him (2 hours and 5 mins) but we didn't see him on tv!! So do you normally run? I must admit it made me feel like getting involved next year - but you never know hopefully I will be heavily pregnant then!!!!!

Anne Marie - I was sorry to hear about your recurrent miscarriages, I hope that you get the answers you are waiting for. I know exactly what you mean about reading up on the internet. I have been doing the same, it only makes things more confusing as different sites tell you different things! Still if we stay calm and relaxed and positive, I am sure that we will get our BFP eventually :)

Well everyone the next problem that I have to face is what to tell work why I need to be at the doctors all the time!!! I have not told anybody at work that I am ttc. (I actually haven't told many people at all - only my close family) I think that I am going to tell my boss that I have had a smear test result come back with borderline changes - what a carry on - not only having the pressure of not being able to conceive but also worrying how to get out of work for the bloody tests!!!

Thankyou again for your kind messages, I am sending baby dust to you all Xxx

Hello Ladies

I found an opened box of ovulation sticks in the bathroom cupboard when I was cleaning it out, so I used one this morning and detected my surge. I couldn't believe it as I am only on day 13 and normally I wouldn't have detected anything until day 18 - I am so pleased that I found the box - it's a sign!!!

Going to go and bd now :wink:

Xxx

lol have fun lindsay :wink:
good luck xxxxxxx

Hi Rach

My DH was mortified what I put in my last message, lol!!!! I don't think he could believe his luck when he walked through the front door - I so hope that this is my month, mind I have been thinking this for so many months.

How are you? Are you feeling any better now? I hope so. You will be a great mum. You are so very lucky to be pg :)

Take care Xx

Good luck Lindsay, fingers crossed for you that this will be your month. :D

Thankyou Bagpuss

Do you know when I was a little girl, I was scared silly of Bagpuss on the tv - he apparently used to freak me out when he woke up and yawned, lol!!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone on this site to get pg soon - but not sooner than me, lol!

Have a good weekend
Xxx

thanks lindsay im feeling quite good thanks hun got a few symptoms now but they are not getting me down im just so pleased to be pg im smiling through it all lol me and ex o/h are on good terms at moment too and talking about sorting things out but im in no hurry just going with the flow.
good luck to all ttc this month xxxxxxxxx

Ahhh, how can anybody be scared of Bagpuss! That's a cute story.

I'm cat mad! Not sure how our moggies will react to a new baby (if we ever get there), hopefully they will be OK.

Hi Rach - I am pleased that you are on talking terms with your ex o/h that must make things a lot easier for you. Keep me totally updated with your pg, it's really exciting!!

Hi Bagpuss - I have got a dwarf lop eared rabbit, he is my baby. He has a hutch inside and a cottage outside, he's spoilt rotten.

Xxx

hi bagpuss im cat mad too ive got 4 how many you got? xxx

Hi Rach,

I've got 4 too!!! They're spoilt rotten, I think they'll feel put out if a baby comes along but there's enough love for them all.

I love all animals, I think it's a good thing for children to be brought up with pets. Research reckons it helps build their immune system and it teaches them how to love and care for animals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back