My ring is stuck!!

SaraLouise

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Need some advice as to how to get a ring off of fingers that have swelled up!

My engagement ring was starting to dig into my finger but I thought the swelling would just go down but now its starting to cut into me and I really think I need to get it off.

Ive tried moisturiser and vaseline but its well and truly stuck.

Im not toooo worried as my finger isnt going purple or anything but I worry that if I leave it much longer then it will start to cause a problem and I will end up needing it cut off?

ring.jpg

You can see how much its digging in!

P.S. It was always a little tight to begin with as when OH proposed I didnt have the heart to tell him it was probably half a size too small haha x

Ouuuchieee!!

I take mine off every night and decide in the morning if my fingers looks to sausagey to put it one.
Try and leave it till this evening.

Otherwise maybe run ur hand under a cold tap to see if the swelling will go down.
This heat doesnt help!!

Hope u dnt need to get it cut off :/ u should be alright xx

Ive had to take mine off now altogether as it was starting to hurt and finger was really red, I cant imagine the swelling will go down probably just get worse :-s you might want to go to a jewellers theyre usually the best ones to cut it off as they can then repair it better after you could try putting your hand in a bowl of ice water, keeping your hand up in the air and then try smothering it in moisturizer again otherwise I thing that might beed cut off sorry :-(

Oh Noo I really dont way to have to have it cut.

Dyou think its too dodgey to leave it & see if my finger is okay?

I used to work on an orthopaedic ward and had to cut rings off with a cutter from A & E if vaseline didn't work, but a consultant came around and showed me a little trick. Get thick cotton thread (we used suture thread as all we had in hospital). Start above the ring and wrap thread around the swollen finger, do lots of winds close together tight up the finger and this disperses the swollen area up your finger and the ring should come off. Get someone to help you if struggling. If that fails its the cutter. I can't wear my engagement ring at the mo as it cuts in with my fat fingers.

Try LOTS of olive oil...coat your finger in it and keep twisting the ring round and round until you can move it up your finger...that's what I had to do with my rings! I left it a bit too late too! Whatever you do, don't just leave it, as the swelling can get worse.

Good luck xx

Put ice on it to cool it right down, make ur hands really cold and then get whatever u can find that's slippy and just twizzle it round :) x

I had the exact same issue! I left it too late and couldn't get it off. I just left it, gave birth two weeks later and after that it was fine. Mine didn't make me uncomfortable though.

I have had that when I wake up sometimes but by the end of the day they fit like normal - maybe the swelling will go down just enough for you to pull them off. The moment it starts to tingle, change colour, lose any sensitivity is the moment you need to get them cut.

I'd take it off sooner rather than lAter! I had to take my rings off and didn't have them back on fill after lo was born.
I ran my hand under a cool tap then lots of soap around the ring/finger
X

I had same problem,used lots of washing up liquid and cold water x

I'm being naughty and leaving it on haha. If it gets worse I will have to cut it off as there is no way its coming off on its own!

But for now providing it doesn't bleed or get tingly or purple then I think it'll be okay x

I'm being naughty and leaving it on haha. If it gets worse I will have to cut it off as there is no way its coming off on its own!

But for now providing it doesn't bleed or get tingly or purple then I think it'll be okay x

That's a shame of u have to cut it, did u try the old fairy liquid, I haven't read the whole topic... Maybe it was mentioned already

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Try putting ice on and moving finger to get circulation going coat in olive oil and slide around lots if it still won't come off I would see how u go if it starts digging in too much have it cut off if not then take it off next poss time u can and put it on a chain around your neck xx

one of my rings had to come off yesterday....had to get mum to do it for me as it was really stuck (managed to get it on fine in the morning! getting it off was the prob) so needless to say im not attempting that ring again now

my mum just gently wiggled either side of it up until it came off...but urs looks more swollen than mine did....could try holding it under cold tap, and then using butter?

xxx

My neighbour had the same thing except her finger swelled like a balloon! I think she left it too long so you should get it sorted sooner rather than later. I think she had to cut it off in the end (the ring not her finger) :D

I got my finger stuck when I was little. Had to go to hospital and they injected my finger with a muscle relaxant and my finger freed itself instantly. Maybe that's an option? Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back