My rainbow baby 5.2.13

diane

Reaction score
Hi ladies finally decided to write as much as I can of my birth story. I cannot remember much in terms of timings etc but will try my best!

I woke up at 1am on 4.2.13 with period pains that lasted about 30s every 10mins. I knew straight away it was early labour. Tried to sleep but they were so regular I couldn't ignore it. Woke hubby. Decided to phone hospital as I hadn't felt her move all day and was high risk and experienced numerous episodes of reduced movement. They wanted me in ASAP. Went to toilet, had my bloody show, showered and went in.

On the monitor she wouldn't move at all and her heartbeat wasn't good. A consultant decided I needed to be kept in due to her inadequate trace. Was still managing pains at this point.

By about 2pm pains were getting much much stronger and I was struggling. Kept getting hooked up to the trace and they were still not happy. Pain coming strong so got gas n air. Pains at 100% on monitor. Examined and still only 1cm. Started crying. Waters broke. Somehow got to 4cm.

All the next hours are blurry. I was begging for an epidural but there was nobody free to do it. Constantly on a trace now as baby not moving and heartbeat wasn't adequate. It was agony just laying on the bed. Also believe I was hooked up to the drip as I wasn't progressing as well as having my iv antibiotics for strep b.

Finally at 8.30am on 5.2.13 I was allow to push but she was laying sideways and she wouldn't come. They put a clip on her head and also then took blood from her as they were concerned about the placenta. Couldn't get the results for some reason so had to do this twice. Consultant decided I needed to get her out ASAP so given a spinal and taken to theatre for forceps. Baby delivered at 9.28am weighing 8lb4!!! Felt relief like I've never experienced!!

Find out I wasn't given enough antibs in labour so my daughter has to have a cannula fitted and given antibiotics :-(

Next 2 days in hospital I kept complaining about how heavy my blood loss was but was constantly brushed off. Eventually I went to the toilet and passed a blood clot the size of both my hubby's hands (he caught it haha). Was given a blood transfusion with 3 lots of blood :shock:

Next day was laid on bed when I felt gushing between my legs, I was bleeding like crazy! Rang for help, a doctor examined me which was agony with my stitches. Was given gas and air as screamed the post natal ward down. They realized I had retained placenta and was hemoragghing again. Was rushed to theatre in an oxygen mask and they removed the placenta. Discovers I had placenta acenta (sp?).

Anyways spent that night having another blood transfusion with 3 more bags of blood, 3 bags of platelets, 3 bags of water, went tichycardiac (sp?) during this time as well as high bp. Was hooked up to a double drip and bp checked every 15 mins all night.

Eventually got better and was let home 6 days after going into hospital. I have suffered PTSD since the experience and had counseling and still do not know whether I can risk having another baby as I do have a risk of the same things happening again. But I would do it all again for my beautiful miracle girl. We suffered recurrent miscarriages before being blessed and I honestly would do it all again to get her.

I feel proud of myself in a way for surviving all this and am starting to emotionally heal now!

Skyler Mary-Anne 5.2.13 9.28am 8lb4oz
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371586533.399590.jpg

Wowzers! What an experience! Glad it all worked out, she's beautiful x

tapatalking

Proud mummy of Seren 15 Nov 2010 & Bethan 12 Oct 2012

Wow hunni, you have been through alot. glad she came out ok. Hope you and baby are doing much better x x x

Sorry you didn't have a great birth experience, congratulations on your beautiful little girl though xx

Wowser, it all sounds so horrific but I am so happy you are finally a Mummy. Skyler is stunning.

I am glad the counselling helped a little and maybe in time you'll be able to give TTC again some thought (although you may of course decide that one blessing is enough :lol:)

xxxxxxx

Wow Diane! I never realised how horrendous the aftermath was for you. Skyler is such a beautiful girl and is as blessed to have a mum like you as you are to have a daughter like her.
Xxx

Wow, what an ordeal!! You've done incredibly well hun. Congratulations on your beautiful little one xx

Thank you all for your kind words! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back