My question about cutting the cord

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Ok, so I have finally started having little worries about the labour part. I was bound to start worrying eventually!

My plan is to stay home as long as possible, but I keep worrying about what would happen if I gave birth by accident at home or (god help me) in the car!

I keep worrying about how to cut the cord. Where do you clip it? Where do you cut it?

Yikes. :shock: This is starting to turn into a real worry now.

You'll have to keep the baby hanging out attached till you get to a hospital :)! Can you even buy those clips? I wouldn't have thought that is likely to happen hun but I guess you never know, I suppose the thought has crosssed my mind but only as in what happens if I need to push in the car, do I and things like that. Perhaps you should ask your midwife. In fact I have mine at 10 which is why I have to go and get ready, I'll ask her then and see what she says and post in a bit.

Em xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

think i read the same somewhere you should just leave it and get to hospital hopefully none of us will experience this problem :?
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK, I am back now. On time and short and sweet these days, she got me even more nervous by saying "ooooooooh, nearly there now". Baby fine head not engaged yet but another Iron blood test! Urrrrh!

Anyway, I asked about what would happen if I had it in the car, she looked at me like I was mad for worrying about it (I didn;t say it was for someone else as that always looks strange as well, like "I have a friend who..........", when it looks like it's really for yourself). Anyway, she said you would get an ambulance anyway if that started happening and she would be very proud of me if it happened that quickly for me (as our hospital is about 15 minute drive), as long as you kept the baby warm you would keep it attached and not do anything until a midwife arrived. If the placenta came away then that's great but if not don't worry. The rest will happen in the ambulance, so there you are. Just keep baby warm and don't do anything else just call ambulance or get to the hospital ASAP.

Em xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much for asking. I feel much better now.

(Until my next little worry comes along :roll: )

Wait two weeks for the next worry though hun, that's when I go again. LOL. Oh I have doctor next week though for pregnancy checkup. Wait a week :)

Em xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back