My prescription....

Chazabell

Reaction score
Collected my prescription today from my last ACU appt, i've got a few months supply so have got a few boxes (and she gave me extra because i have to pay :) )

The pharmacist pulled me to one side and explained what each did, 1 for pain, and 1 to reduce bleeding, so im chuffed that my 12 month of complaining to Dr's etc has paid off and im now awaiting the witch so i can start them and book my HyCosy....

Im on.....Mefenamic Acid and Tranexamic Acid. Anyone any experience of them?

xxxxx

Hi Chaz, I've been on Mefenamic acid for years - used to suffer from painful periods but this really helps. Also it makes my period much less heavy. I would suggest trying to take it a day or 2 before your period so it takes effect before your period kicks in - if you can, this will really help. I know its difficult if your cycles are irregular but take one if you feel af might be on her way. It won't hurt and it will mean its in your system before the pain kicks in. Good latl!

Thats what the pharmacist said to do. So will prob start tomorrow as would expect spotting tonight, then period tomorrow or thurs xxx

I have both hun, since I've had them all my periods are a lot better now. X

My little sister is on them duno which one but she has it for her periods are heavy and painful. She was gushing to the point she would just sit on the loo for hours as it was that heavy poor sod.

read many of your awful periods posts so please your gp is doing something about it!

Started bleeding last night so took my 1st lot to reduce the bleed, quite excited ha ha xx

You'll be rattling lol ;)

I hope it fixes you up Chaz xx

In was on tranexamic acid and it did nothing for my bleed, are you trying to concieve Chazabell? x

I am TTC Hana and have been for 2 years now. My 'big' bleed hasnt started yet xx

I really hope the new drugs help with the pain hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back