Hi ladies,

I need to rant.
LMP 14/1
AF due 15/2
:bfp: 15/2
Light pink cm 16/1
Light brown cm 18/1
Lower back ache 17/1 - 20/1
First doctors appointment 19/1 due to concerns over backache, doctor requested 2 BHCG tests to be done. 1 on Monday 22nd 1 on Wednesday 24th and then she would follow up with a call on Thursday 25th to discuss the results.
Mondays result came in at 72 which I was told "That's in the normal range" 2nd test done on Wednesday came in at 67. Doctor called me on the Thursday and advise me that my HCG had dropped which meant the pregnancy wasn't progressing and that I should expect to miscarry. She booked me in for another appointment on Friday the 4th March to see how I'm doing but that I should miscarry naturally before then. I grieved. Heartbroken. Everything I hoped for was about to end. I blamed myself, it was the drink with my parents the week before AF. It was the hot water bottle on my back when I had the back ache. So for the passed week I have been walking around waiting for a "heavier than normal" period to start. I've drank wine, eaten poached eggs, lifted heavy items. I went to my appointment yesterday, in limbo, weighting to pass my baby. The doctor said she was concerned so called the EPAU and they asked her to do another BHCG and that they would call me with the results today. The EPAU called and asked me for background on what has been going on. So i explained the blood tests and the results. The lady said "your GP did the wrong test" I waited and she said "they tested for your sexual hormone. Your HCG is 57140" needless to say I burst into tears. I am still pregnant. My baby isn't dead or dying. I was not about to miscarry. My baby is still there! The EPAU have me in for a scan tomorrow morning at 10am. Please pray for me. Please pray that I see something or hear a heartbeat. I'm a wreck! Xxxxx

Last edited:
Lilcurly so sorry for what you have gone through. Hang in there and all the best with the scan. Take care of yourself and keep positive x x

Lilcurly, what a nightmare! I had a similar thing happen where my doctor called to tell me my blood test for pregnancy was positive. I was overjoyed, called my husband, the works. Then the doc called back 2 hours later to say "I'm sorry the tech read that wrong, you're not pregnant." These kind of mistakes CAN NOT happen! Not when pregnancy and a baby's health is concerned! These things need to be double- and triple-checked before anyone makes a call.

I can't wait for scan pics!

OMG! What a mistake to make :-(
So glad to hear though that things are progressing for you. Good luck at your scan tomorrow xx

Oh god, but at the same time it's amazing news!! Fx for a fab scan Hun xxxxx

Lilcurly, what a nightmare! I had a similar thing happen where my doctor called to tell me my blood test for pregnancy was positive. I was overjoyed, called my husband, the works. Then the doc called back 2 hours later to say "I'm sorry the tech read that wrong, you're not pregnant." These kind of mistakes CAN NOT happen! Not when pregnancy and a baby's health is concerned! These things need to be double- and triple-checked before anyone makes a call.

I can't wait for scan pics!

Oh my gosh Kholl!!! That's awful! The worst part, and this is definitely an eye opener. On the Friday I made another appointment to see another doctor and I asked for help to terminate the pregnancy as I didn't want to be left waiting and to suffer any more than I was already. If I'd gotten my own way, I could have terminated my baby by accident!!!!! :-( xxxx

Still can't quite believe this -- what a horrendous mistake to make!! Putting you through all that stress for nothing.

I'm very glad all is ok and hopefully all will be well at the scan too. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Definitely think you should be taking it further to ensure that kind of thing doesn't happen to anyone else. Xxx

Oh my goodness.... but what amazing news! And not worry either about drinking, eating eggs etc. People do far far worse and go on to have healthy babies. Congrats!

Omg! Im so so happy for you!! As bloody terrible as this has all been and it seriously is. Wtf! But my gosh youre still pregnant!!! I can remember you posting at the start and you are always in ny thoughts and prayers! Ahhh sooo happy for you!!

Thank you everyone. I'm still in shock I think. I'm too scared to hope at the moment. I just want to see everything is perfect tomorrow and I'll be happy. Maaaaaac I'm so grateful. Thank you xxxxx

OMG! !! So happy for you but absolutely disgusted
That Dr has put you through hell this week ...I'm so angry!! :mad: they need to realise that this has been extremely traumatic for you

I would put in a formal complaint
Big hugs :)

xxxxx

Wow you poor thing you have been on a roller coaster, amazing news in one way (don't worry about the eggs etc people do a lot worse than that!) hope the scan goes well for you sending you hugs and positivity xx

Thank you Clover! I Didn't want to come back to TTC and put all this as I didn't it was the right place. I'm so glad you saw this. I'm going to speak to the epau tomorrow after thescan so long as everything is ok :) xxxx

That should be one sorry doctor... What a mess!
However, congratulations; that's great!
I would be having a serious talk with surgery though. That is emotionally scarring, not to mention incompetent!

Well, I've got my scan at 10am and I've been awake since 5:45am! Man do I need to pee :) gonna get there about 9:30 to see if I can get in any sooner xxxx

Ah. Good luck. Will be thinking of you and keeping fingers crossed for you. Xxxxx

Good luck today! Looking forward to seeing your pic xxxxx

You won't believe it!!!! I'm not sure I do just yet!!!!

Attachments

• 20160306_103814.jpg
    20160306_103814.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 68

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90