My OH is nesting!!

Holi

Reaction score
Honestly I've never wanted him more! Sofa/furniture is being pulled out and dusted behind, filling cracks, little plastering jobs, I could cry I'm so happy!!

We've been arguing lately cos I've felt like he's been dragging his feet getting the DIY jobs done and we only have 4/5 weeks before I'm due!

I feel like I can relax a bit now, things are getting done!

I'm so happy I might even put out tonight! :) xxxx

Lol to the last sentance and I think my oh is nesting too he has suddenly started doing bits n Bob's DIY wise he shouldv done ages ago x

Whats your secret to get him to do that?

My oh came with my to b&q to buy some paint yesterday, but the paint is still by the back door!

I have demanded some sex tonight though - hopefully it will get baby moving and might be a bit enjoyable too!! xx

Well I actually told my OH a little white lie :-D

I slyly slipped in to a convo that i was getting so upset with all the things that need doing before baby arrives that my dad kindly offered to come round and do it all to stop me stressing! - the thought of someone else doing DIY in our house, especially my dad, would drive my OH mad! (He's a handy Andy) so straight away he got too it - I'm an evil genius! Mwah ha ha xx

Haha love the reverse physchology here! Would NEVER work with my OH though, he'd be over the moon if I told him someone else was going to do his jobs! I'm the handy Andy in our house! Xxxx

It was a risky card to play I must admit! Imagine if he said 'yeah that would be a great help!'

Im moving in with my OH in a couple of weeks and ive had nothing but stress with the house too. It was left to my partner about 5 years ago and it hasn't been lived in for about 5 or 6 years and its been a nightmare. We have had to paint every room and have new flooring put in. The rooms have had to be cleaned from top to bottom and the amount of rubbish and ornaments, tools and clutter has been unreal theres stuff everywhere and don't even get me started on the garden which is huge and looks like a forest. If it wasn't for my parents helping us to clean it up and get it at least liveable we wouldn't be able to live in it for another 5 or 6 years. Ive been so stressed out with it I was near enough crying the weekend over it and im nearly 8 months pregnant now. Ive been so angry with my OH as he should have got it sorted a lot sooner... but what can I say that's men for ya. The house is getting there but even when we move in theres still so much to do :( xx

Bless you love that does sound stressful!

I think it's made so much worse because we are in no fit state to help, so it really is all up to the men!! And they always need such a kick up the arse!! Xx

I got my Oh to fix the car, put up all the towel holder, toilet holder all the bits in the bathroom, put up the stairgates and cut down a tree, then he's gone around and trimmed all the headges...that was just today...all I said was 'If you don't do it, I'll ask your dad' he soon got to work as he cant stand his dad taking over anything lol x x x

yeah and its worse because our hormones are all over the place.... I could definitely do with giving my OH a huge kick up the arse lol men need it from time to time lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back