My nursery is finished.

l_maclean

Reaction score
Feeling really really stupid tonight.

DH and his mum have finished the nursery. the wall stickers and everything are up.

I know that i should be really pleased that he's done all this work for LO - but im sitting here in tears. I wanted to put up the stickers. Was gonna order more off ebay cos i ended up with a double of one motif - and others werent what i really wanted.

He's not left space for shelves to go up. And i cant say anything cos he's pleased he's got it finished.

xxx

I'm the same with things like that mil has brought Henry stuff I wanted to buy and nearly burst into tears. At least it's things that can be changed x

I cant even really blame her - cos she was round helping him out - and for the most part his parents are really quite quiet - its not like she's an interfering mother in law.

Plus i had been really worried about how she'd react to it being a girl - cos she lost her only daughter at a few months old.

I feel so stupid being soooo upset about something that they both thought would be nice.

DH has been working so hard on the house while ive been at my parents - nursery is finished, hall way feature wall is painted, and hes painted bathroom ceiling.
xxx

Aww... It's understandable that you feel upset cos it's things that you wanted to do and choose, but also nice that they have helped so much. Are the stickers moveable? You could leave it a few weeks and then maybe say you found some you prefer and suggest changing things a bit? Xx

Ah hun :hug: Take a pic and let us see :) Bet it looks fab x

show us hun, and maybe get more stickers or something for you to put up?

As far as I know they are moveable - so could re-arrange them a wee bit. Did mention to DH that i still wanted shelves up - which i think he forgot - so can use that as an excuse to change things a wee bit.

Having a wee nosey on line now to see if i can find some bits to make a winnie the pooh nursery a wee bit more girly. Want to keep the room kinda neutral in case we have another one - dunno how i inject "girl" into a room with a blue carpet and blue border.

xxx

purple butterflies would go well with blues and winnie the pooh stuff and make it a lil bit girly hun x

Not sure if these are gonna work. lol

It's not like it looks bad or anything.

xxx

Attachments

• IMG00009-20111229-1926.jpg
    IMG00009-20111229-1926.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG00010-20111229-1926.jpg
    IMG00010-20111229-1926.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG00011-20111229-1926.jpg
    IMG00011-20111229-1926.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 38
Thats a great idea Bev. I'm sooooo not artistic in the slightest - so i really struggle with this kinda stuff.

xxx

no worries hun, it looks fairly good but id deffo say u could do with more stickers and the shelves are a deffo necessity. so some of the existing stickers will have to be moved. ive left mine bare white walls and have blue carpet and woodwork but when i have an idea of what LO likes i will paint a mural for her to make it nicer.

Im trying to look for some piglet and eeyore inspired things - like maybe canvas prints or something. cos that would do pink and purple.

Given that your quite artistic I dont suppose you have any suggestions for a colour of curtain that would go with that - the carpets blue and with a blue border - i cant get past something like pale blue - but it makes an awful blue room for a wee girl.

xxx

you could totally get away with anything orange pink or purple cos of the colours of winnie tigger piglet and eeyore hun so any colour thats in them can be used for fabrics.

Aww it's lovely bless them! Can u move the stickers if you want?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back