My mum keeps asking me to look out for a Show??

MrsRoger

Reaction score
Ok....So because it is very difficult to tell when you will actually go into labour and my mum lives in Spain, she keeps telling me that as I get closer to my due date to keep an eye out for a show??

Could anyone explain this a wee bit more to me?

I understand it is the mucus plug that is currently in my cervix....but what am i meant to be looking for and how would I know when it happens??

xxxxxx

When mine went it looked like a huge lump of snot when I wiped. You just know the difference between that and usual discharge x

Google 'bloody show muscus plug' into google images to save u guessing lol!!! U 100% will lnow as soon as uve passed some.

But unfortunately this isnt a sign ull be going into labour within a few hrs or days.
It could be! But it happens as things start to slowly open and loosen up.

With my forst i lost the normal snotty type plug for about 2-3wks before he arrived.
Bloody show for 5 days leading up to his birth.

This tome ive had snotty plug pretty much most of tri 3!
Bloody show has been since my sweep on thurs at 39+6 im now 40+2. I know im 2cm, but again it could still be days before baby is here!

Hope when u get urs ur nr waiting too much longer for baby.

But also some women dnt actually lose it until they r in labour and some miss it completely down the toilet and are non the wiser! X

I never saw my mucus plug or any kind of show before it during my Labour.

I had a Google though so I could see what I had missed! Lol!

XX

I lost my plug with my first baby when I was about 8-9cm and getting ready to push her out! With my second I lost it 5 days before he was born. So really... It just doesn't tell you much.

I had a bloody show after a sweep at 40 weeks. It was unmistakable, in my case brown gloopy stuff that just kept on coming!! I had it for nearly a week before my baby was born but I think I was in labour for a couple of days without realising.

I didn't have (or see) a plug, just had a lot of EWCM for a few days which turned a bit yellow. I then had bloody mucus once I got to the hospital at 5cm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back